Biden: Jewish leaders helped gay marriage succeed

Once again, Joe Biden says more than he should…

Jewish leaders in the media are in large part responsible for American acceptance of gay marriage, Vice President Biden said Tuesday night.

“I believe what affects the movements in America, what affects our attitudes in America are as much the culture and the arts as anything else,” he said at a Democratic National Committee reception for Jewish American Heritage Month. He cited social media and the sitcom “Will and Grace,” giving Jews a large part of the credit for both.

“I bet you 85 percent of those changes, whether it’s in Hollywood or social media are a consequence of Jewish leaders in the industry,” he said. “The influence is immense, the influence is immense. And, I might add, it is all to the good. ”

washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2013/05/22/biden-jewish-leaders-helped-gay-marriage-succeed/

:confused:Good grief; It’s Joe Biden what can ya say?
Mary

Yes, he probably actually thinks that way…but he IS Biden…May God help him!

I think we should be careful and look to Jesus’s words in Matthew 7:3 - 5

“Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

++++++++++

I think we should careful about criticizing others generally, very very careful about criticizing Judaism and re-awakening the horrors of racist persecutions.

It is clear from the Good Samaritan parable, that Jesus wants us to help the sick, the poor, the suffering.

I think we should focus our efforts there, directly, doing direct volunteer work in soup kitchens, reading for the blind and on.

I think that force of heart and goodness will stop the evils of the world. I do not think it can be changed by debate, and I think it is only made worse but the anger caused by differences of opinion clashing.

I think a huge problem with a lot of modern-day Jewish people is that they’ve spent so long waiting for the Messiah that many of them have forgotten there is supposed to be one, or they assume the Messiah will never show up. Thousands of years of waiting, a lot of them might feel very distant from their ancestors, like the teachings of their faith are out of touch with the modern world. So a lot of Jews become atheists or vote for things that are against the worldview of their faith. They self-identify as Jews when asked, but act as if there is no God in their personal and professional lives. :frowning:

Actually, the same can be said about a lot of Christians as well: Jesus lived so long ago that they don’t feel his teachings are still relevant today, or they start to tell themselves that Jesus didn’t actually exist…

Wow. So he buys into the whole Jewish conspiracy theory. Pathetic.

I don’t know a lot about Judiasm, but I am pretty sure traditional strict Judiasm would never support “Gay marriage”. I really wish our vice president would be careful about what he says.

it ain’t a conspiracy,and it ain’t a theory. :shrug:

Hilarious!

Only Democrats can get away with this kind of thing. If he had been a Republican, the media would be screaming to reconvene the Nuremberg trials to try him for crimes against humanity, and would be seeking the death penalty. :wink:

My mother’s grandparents were Methodists and Presbyterian and I can tell you they would FLIP if they knew, and I guess they do know considering how I believe in COS, how both of those churches leadership now appeals to those things not of scripture.

We are also called to witness to the truth. Joe Biden identifies himself as a Catholic and, as a public figure provides scandal to those for whom he is privileged to influence.

Gay marriage is wrong. Gay sex is sinful and condoning and supporting those steeped in sin is not love; it is false and misleading compassion.

The reality is that Biden seized the moment to score political points with the Jewish elite. Nothing surprising there. Pacifist tolerance and appeasement, however, is not a solution. Think of Mt 21:12.

Jesus entered the temple area and drove out all those engaged in selling and buying there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the seats of those who were selling doves. f 13g And he said to them, “It is written:

‘My house shall be a house of prayer,’*

but you are making it a den of thieves.”*

Liberal morality is transient. It follows the latest trends and popular public opinion. Biden says as much by noting how much people in liberal society have based their moral choice in subscribing to the values of Will and Grace.

Jews are overwhelmingly liberal in America. The influence they exert is not based in the Bible, or their Jewish heritage, but in their liberalism.
Any Jewish influence in shows like Will and Grace shows how liberals, and not Jews per se, are basing their morality in the latest trends.

Morality based in trends is ultimately the morality of the mob. The same crowd who were greeting Christ with adulations of Hosannas and palms early in the week, were spitting at him and calling for his crucifixion at week’s end. The Jewishness of that mob is coincidental to that narrative too.

You’ve got it exactly right. Biden was paying obsequious tribute to those to whom he owes his current position.

In the article I posted, there is a link to another article by Jonathan Chait, who worries that Biden’s comments could very well lead to a rise in anti-Semitic sentiment. I think he is right to be worried. Anyone who denies the political status quo in the United States today, that Jewish power and influence is paramount, is willfully blinding themselves. Biden, a consumate political animal, knows it. Obama certainly knows it. He had to come out in favor of gay “marriage” before the election to get access to Hollywood money, which he needed to fight the Likudnik money flowing into Romney’s coffers.

If this were merely a zany “conspiracy theory”, Biden wouldn’t have uttered it and Chait wouldn’t be concerned about it.

Just to clarify…it is not Biden who is saying anything about a conspiracy, it is the Washington Post writer, who is semi-quoting crazy, radical, white supremacists.

This is kind of an odd statement for Biden to make.
I assume he’s talking about producers etc who green light such TV shows as Will and Grace?.
I know he’s meaning for his comment to be a compliment, and I get where he’s coming from in that respect…but…even if he knew for a fact that these specific producers (or whoever makes the final decisions to green light a project) are Jewish, I’m guessing their religion has nothing to do with their work decisions in these cases?

Producers mostly green light projects they think people will watch and like and will make money for the company. There are probably people of many religions–including Catholic–who are involved in the producing and creating of such TV shows and social media.

I just wish he’d quit claiming to be a Catholic. He sure is a bad representative of the faith.

Hold on. Let’s hear from Rabbi Yehuda Levin, spokesman for the Union of Orthodox Rabbis of the U.S. and Canada.

lifesitenews.com/news/leading-rabbi-mortified-after-biden-praises-jews-immense-influence-in-promo/

In the past, I was glad that our government recognized what it called our Judeo-Christian Heritage, and when both Jewish people and Christian practiced their faith more. Based on the Rabbi’s comments on the state of Jewish religious practice, they seem to have taken a similar tumble as Christianity. Religion was part of everyday life.

And Joe Biden had better be asked, politely: “Uh, Mr. Biden? Can you prove anything you just said?” For one, I would not want to anger my Jewish constituents and Jewish people in general. They are our neighbors.

Peace,
Ed

Rabbi Levin called Biden’s comments a “signal” that orthodox Jews “need to do a lot more to counter the religious consumer fraud of the** liberal Jewish **denominations that have totally lost their way.”

“Unfortunately we have seen for several generations Jews who have totally lost their way. They’ve pigged out on Americana, on the freedom and liberty that America has afforded them, and** they’ve gone to an extreme left, where they’ve created literally a pseudo religion,” he said. **

Liberal Jewish groups have brought 85 % of the Jewish electorate along with them into that religion.
Suffice it to say that Biden is talking to that 85 %. The best that can be hoped for is that some percentage of those who are appalled by Biden will finally leave the liberal camp are start voting on the conservative side of the ledger.

Unfortunately, the orthodox Jews have no influence over the sexual revolutionaries who run Hollywood and are promoting gay “marriage”.

You got that right. Ditto for Pelosi.

DGB

Time to bring back the prayer for the Jewish conversion at the end of each Mass if you want my honest opinion. I started going back to the home parish that I was confirmed in 14 years ago and noticed after last Sunday’s recitation of the Rosary, they prayed the Saint Michael prayer. AMEN! Considering how America has become, it is needed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.