Biden Promises Kenya ‘Money to Flow’ if Pro-Abort Constitution Passes

*Why does the Obama Administration care about *Kenya's proposed Constitution anyway?

HMMM?

Is "Catholic" Biden anathema? After all, this is directly in contrast to the Teachings of the Catholic Church**

U.S. Vice President Joe Biden travelled to Kenya to personally urge the country to pass a new constitution that would legalize abortion – and to assure Kenyans that such a change would “allow money to flow” from foreign aid treasuries.

At the same time, a federal probe is attempting to determine whether the Obama Administration is violating federal law by using taxpayer money to lobby for the constitution, deeply controversial in Kenya in large part because of its abortion provisions.

“We are hopeful, Barack Obama is hopeful, I am hopeful that you will carry out these reforms to allow money to flow,” Biden told a crowd of Kenyans, among whom President Obama is extremely popular and touted as a native son of their country......

**Flow? From our "foreign aid treasuries" like it's flowing around here?

God Bless.
+Jesus, I Trust In You!
Love, Dawn**

For both Biden and the Enemy, this is a big deal.

And I thought Biden is Catholic.

[silly me]

[quote="Monte_RCMS, post:3, topic:202501"]

[silly me]

[/quote]

This is just so sad,!

[quote="Monte_RCMS, post:3, topic:202501"]

[silly me]

[/quote]

Our shepherds need to 'step up to the plate' so to speak.
See Line in the Sand!

Here's the part most appropriate to your comment about Biden (etc.):

It’s time for the bishops in America .. the fence straddlers to stand up and be counted.
They avoid controversy like it was the worst experience possible. Uh, no your
excellencies .. HELL is the worst experience possible.
And although practically none of you would ever broach the topic for fear of being made
fun of .. or whatever your fear is .. it does exist.
As the Pope told you last week .. start using your shepherd’s staff ..

Many of the bishops in America and Europe today are little else than blind guides. They
have either lost the faith personally or so obscured it interiorly that little short of a
miracle will bring them back.
They sit atop a shrinking empire .. figuring out how to silence their critics and .. of course
.. raise even more funds .. always the funds .. always the money .. to promote this
program or that .. but they DO NOT TEACH .. the faith that is.

They nod and look the other way when public heretics approach for Holy Communion.
They promote and praise Catholics who openly dissent from even their own directives ..

i hope the American Bishops hear his promises and the priests and bishops in Kenya and the Vatican as well. how can Biden consider himself a good Catholic when he is travelling to Kenya and making these promises? why Kenya? what is obama's interest in the Kenyan constitution anyway?

Surprisingly. the left-wing "there goes imperialist America interfering in other countries' affairs" crowd seem to abandon their convictions when it suits them.

Apparently, attempting to encourage democracy or religious freedom in another nation is imperialist aggression, but attempting to encourage abortion is a fine objective.

[quote="7_Sorrows, post:6, topic:202501"]
i hope the American Bishops hear his promises and the priests and bishops in Kenya and the Vatican as well. how can Biden consider himself a good Catholic when he is travelling to Kenya and making these promises? why Kenya? what is obama's interest in the Kenyan constitution anyway?

[/quote]

Doesn't Mr Obama have a vested History with Kenya?

[quote="DawnInTexas, post:1, topic:202501"]
Why does the Obama Administration care about *Kenya's* proposed Constitution anyway?

HMMM?

Is "Catholic" Biden anathema? After all, this is directly in contrast to the Teachings of the Catholic Church

U.S. Vice President Joe Biden travelled to Kenya to personally urge the country to pass a new constitution that would legalize abortion – and to assure Kenyans that such a change would “allow money to flow” from foreign aid treasuries.

At the same time, a federal probe is attempting to determine whether the Obama Administration is violating federal law by using taxpayer money to lobby for the constitution, deeply controversial in Kenya in large part because of its abortion provisions.

“We are hopeful, Barack Obama is hopeful, I am hopeful that you will carry out these reforms to allow money to flow,” Biden told a crowd of Kenyans, among whom President Obama is extremely popular and touted as a native son of their country......

**Flow? From our "foreign aid treasuries" like it's flowing around here?

God Bless.
+Jesus, I Trust In You!
Love, Dawn**

[/quote]

Dawn, thank you for posting this.
It is clearly too awful for words.

The British Government's stance hasn't been any better - although the subject has gone largely unreported in the British media.

David Cameron pledged Britain's support for 'vigorous political and economic reform' in Kenya in a meeting with the Kenyan Prime Minister last month. Henry Bellingham, Parliamentary Under-Secretary with special responsibilty for Africa, also re-iterated 'Britain's support for the reform agenda'. According to William Hague, the Foreign Secretary, Britain gives £103 million of aid to Kenya every year. America by comparison gives £142 million - the UK's population is a fifth of that of the US.

None of the British ministers have even discussed the controversy the Constitution has aroused in Kenya. They don't dare to mention the word 'abortion'

[quote="kimmielittle, post:8, topic:202501"]
Doesn't Mr Obama have a vested History with Kenya?

[/quote]

Sure does. The same one I have with Poland. One of his grandfathers was Kenyan; both of mine were Polish. No less than a lot of people can claim about history with one foreign country or other.

[quote="SamDash, post:7, topic:202501"]
Surprisingly. the left-wing "there goes imperialist America interfering in other countries' affairs" crowd seem to abandon their convictions when it suits them.

[/quote]

Whom are you referring to? What left-wing group in particular? I'm a leftist, and yes, I do not like our country interfering with others; that got us into trouble in Vietnam. Kosovo, Iraq, and other places where war wasn't even part of it.

Worst of all here, however, is the emphasis on the relation to abortion that the change of constitution entails.

[quote="Rich_Olszewski, post:11, topic:202501"]
Sure does. The same one I have with Poland. One of his grandfathers was Kenyan; both of mine were Polish.

[/quote]

Thank you:) I thought He did.

No less than a lot of people can claim about history with one foreign country or other.

I'm American made:D

[quote="kimmielittle, post:13, topic:202501"]
I'm American made:D

[/quote]

Of which Native American tribe are you a member? Otherwise, you can't be entirely "American-made." :D

[quote="Rich_Olszewski, post:14, topic:202501"]
Of which Native American tribe are you a member? Otherwise, you can't be entirely "American-made." :D

[/quote]

In the USA we are called Chippewa in Canada Ojibwa...and Lokota

[quote="kimmielittle, post:15, topic:202501"]
In the USA we are called Chippewa in Canada Ojibwa...and Lokota

[/quote]

That's grand, but what are you doing south of the Great Lakes?

[quote="Rich_Olszewski, post:16, topic:202501"]
That's grand, but what are you doing south of the Great Lakes?

[/quote]

Hmmmmm...I don't live on a reservation:p

[quote="Rich_Olszewski, post:11, topic:202501"]
Sure does. The same one I have with Poland. One of his grandfathers was Kenyan; both of mine were Polish. No less than a lot of people can claim about history with one foreign country or other.

[/quote]

Maybe a bit more than what you have:

His father and paternal grandparents were born in Kenya.
He has numerous relatives living there now -
including some half-siblings, cousins, aunts, uncles, etc..

[quote="catharina, post:18, topic:202501"]
Maybe a bit more than what you have:

His father and paternal grandparents were born in Kenya.

[/quote]

Grandparents on both sides born in Poland.

He has numerous relatives living there now -
including some half-siblings, cousins, aunts, uncles, etc..

At my age, it's just cousins and cousins' children and grandchildren.

So, he may have a bit more, but just a bit. :)

[quote="Rich_Olszewski, post:19, topic:202501"]
Grandparents on both sides born in Poland.

At my age, it's just cousins and cousins' children and grandchildren.

So, he may have a bit more, but just a bit. :)

[/quote]

Yeah, but Rich, you're not the President of the United States of America.

And, you're not involved in the Constitution of Poland-promising flowing money if they adopt it, complete with Abortion.

Get with the program, Man! he he he...

God Bless.
+Jesus, I Trust In You.
Love, Dawn

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.