Big and Rich

Has anyone heard the latest song by the country group “Big and Rich” called 'That’s Why I Pray"? Does anyone know the back ground to this song? I ask because it such a contrast to their last big hit “Save A Horse, Ride a Cowboy” (I am not kidding on this one:blush:)
Is the contast a marketing ploy is their a genuine conversion here?

I love this new hit of theirs but cannot help but feel cynical about it.

I haven’t heard the new song, but they did produce one song years ago that I liked. It also had religious connotations, so I don’t know if a conversion experience is recent. I don’t remember the exact name of the song, but the refrain went:

“Take me away, and take me farther. Surround me now, and ho-old, ho-old, ho-old me like holy water.”

I think it was on the same album as “Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy”.

Trust me, the song is far better when I type it rather than sing it.:smiley:

I generally love their work. Most of what they’ve done is different from “Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy”. There’s “Holy Water”, a song about victims of rape; “8th of November” about an event in the Vietnam War; “Comin to Your City”, a fairly clean number; “Lost in this Moment”, a great wedding song (and the first song to ever top 500 plays on an MP3 player for me); and others.

I also like John Rich’s solo work, especially “Shuttin Detroit Down”.

I can’t stand “Save a Horse” – I change the station whenever it comes on, or put in a CD.

I do appreciate “Shutting Detroit Down”, as that song addresses the collapse of the American auto industry and I was born and raised in the city of Detroit. All 4 of the cars I have owned have been domestic nameplates, if not actually built in Detroit.

Hate “Save a Horse” as well. I haven’t heard “Shutting Detroit Down”, though your comment struck a chord in me. I’m a great admirer of Henry Ford (even though I believe his company was based out of Dearborn, not Detroit), and it’s a shame to see what has happened to the big auto companies and the towns that once thrived around them.:frowning:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.