Big Layoff At Work

Hello,

There’s a massive layoff where I work. I don’t know how affected I will be, but I’m not terribly worried for myself.

Please pray, though, for those who may be affected, who are anxious about the future, and may not know how to trust in God. Pray especially for my mother who didn’t sleep last night due to how worried she is.

Thank you.

Praying for those who may lose their jobs and all the unemployed.

You govern your creation, O God,
and bring it to perfection by the work of our hands.
Hear the prayers of your people who ask for work
that will enhance their human dignity
and promote the upbuilding of your kingdom.
Enable them to provide for those confided to their care
either by family ties or by charity we owe to one another
for the betterment of human life.
We ask this blessing in the name of Jesus
who laboured with his own hands while he lived on earth.

Lord, we also pray for our elected officials in Congress, the White House, in our States and our Cities. Bless them with Your wisdom and a heart to serve, that their laws and rulings might be just and necessary. Let them create only laws and regulations that serve the good of the country and create an environment where honest work can be secured by all who seek it.

In Your Name, Amen.

Our Father, who art in Heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those that trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen

***+JMJTJ+

Your intentions will be in my prayers.***

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

Praying for all those who may be layed off.

Thanks to all who have read this thread and added these intentions to their own!

Please remember especially Melanie, a co-worker of mine, who is a single mother with two kids. She was notified yesterday that her last day is October 3rd of this year.

***+JMJTJ+

Melanie will be in my prayers.***

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

I will remember in my prayers Melanie and all the other workers who were laid off, or who may be laid off. And, also your MIL :crossrc: :hug3: :blessyou:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.