Bill Clinton Went to Jeffrey Epstein's Island With 2 'Young Girls', Virginia Giuffre Says In Unsealed Document

Actually there is. Your argument is relativistic and profoundly non-Catholic. Abortion is the preeminent political/moral issue today.

http://www.usccb.org/about/leadership/usccb-general-assembly/upload/usccb-forming-consciences-faithful-citizenship-introductory-letter-20191112.pdf

1 Like

Especially when an individual would rather deflect from the real subject/topic and project that upon another to make them appear to be the real culprit :wink:

1 Like

Yes, I have read it. A careful reading shows that there are more than a single issue that Catholic voters need to consider when making a decision. There are at least ten salient goals emerge from the Gospel and the long tradition of Catholic faith:

• The promotion of a culture and legal structures that protect the life of unborn children.
  • The reversal of the climate change that threatens the future of humanity and particularly devastates the poor and the marginalized.
  • Policies that safeguard the rights of immigrants and refugees in a moment of great intolerance.
  • Laws that protect the aged, the ill, and the disabled from the lure and the scourge of euthanasia and assisted suicide.
  • Vigorous opposition to racism in every form, both through cultural transformation and legal structures.
  • The provision of work and the protection of workers’ rights across America.
  • Systematic efforts to fight poverty and egregious inequalities of wealth.
  • Policies that promote marriage and family, which are so essential for society.
  • Substantial movement toward universal nuclear disarmament.
  • The protection of religious liberty.

Frequently in discussions of the application of Catholic social teaching to voting, the question is raised whether one issue has a unique priority among all of the other issues in its claim upon believers in the current election cycle. Some have categorized abortion in that way. The designation of abortion as the preeminent question in Catholic social teaching at this time in the United States will inevitably be hijacked by partisan forces to propose that Catholics have an overriding duty to vote for candidates that espouse that position. Recent electoral history shows this to be a certainty.

You’re free to talk about Clinton if you would like. I am not stopping you.

None of that changes the fact that, for the Popes and the bishops, abortion is the preeminent issue facing us today.

Nonsense. It is the bishops who say that, not some “partisan forces”. You have been arguing that Catholics should take a relativistic “primacy of conscience” and entirely protestant point of view. You shouldn’t do that, but you are doing it. That’s the real “partisan” (Democrat) point of view here.

I should clarify that I don’t paint all protestants with the Democrat pro-abortion brush. Many Evangelical and Fundamentalist protestants are prolife and understand that if human life is held at nothing, then no other issue matters.

1 Like

Just as I thought,nothing more than a biased assumption,also called culumny

2 Likes

It is, but it is not the only issue.

The bishops do not hijack the issue, partisan forces do. Like what you are doing here.

You really should read what I write and fully understand it before making such ridiculous accusations.

I read what you posted and understood it clearly and responded accordingly.

1 Like

Thank you.

Really? I quote the U.S. bishops to show they do not share your view of Catholic teaching, and I am hijacking the issue? My citing them was in response to your assertion, not the other way around.

1 Like

Then you don’t understand what you said.

Of course I understood what I said,I responded accordingly to your comments.Im not the one who is confused…

So, you understood what I said, understood what you said and still think what I said is culumny, which I assume is calumny. Calumny is defined as “the making of false and defamatory statements about someone in order to damage their reputation; slander.” Now, show where I committed calumny.

The suggestion that there is guilt in supporting the Democratic Party was yours and that is the partisanship that is hijacking the teaching.

85% of abortion’s are performed on unmarried women,and I know Trumps behavior is just the sort to cause that…
Your words You are making an assumption thatvTrump has participated in abortions when in fact you know no such thing.publicly stating your assumptions is ruinous to his character,therefore…fill in the blank

3 Likes

What I said is factually correct (no assumptions) so you are wrong to call it calumny. Please be more careful in the future.

No,you please be more careful in the future. Making unfounded assumptions re our president is uncharitable and Im pretty sure you must realize you overstepped .

1 Like

I made no assumptions. Trump has admitted to sex outside of wedlock, there is additional evidence that he has committed adultery on more than one occasion and he joked about his sexual prowess to the Boy Scouts, so there is no doubt about that. There is also no doubt that 85% of abortions in the US are performed on women that are unmarried. So, everything I said was factual. Your accusations are unfounded and I think you should apologize.

No,you should apologize for making such scurrilous comments about our president. I’m done responding to you.

1 Like

It’s not my fault everything I said was true. Please be more careful before making such accusations in the future. I will remember.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.