Bill Cosby or Harvey Weinstein?

Which one of these two men is more of a pariah at the present time?

• Bill Cosby
  • Harvey Weinstein

0 voters

I think it’s more important to figure out who needs our prayers more. As for Harvey Weinstein, it makes a very good case for actresses always bringing a chaperone with them. In fact, every woman should have a chaperone on at least some occasions.

Sad that we have to.

It’s good that men are big and strong if they’re protecting you. Not so good if you are alone with them when you barely know them.

This shouldn’t be the actresses’ problem.

It’s safe to say he’s found ways around that.

According to reports in the news, it is a requirement for a woman to yield to such men in power if she wants to be a Hollywood actress. So a chaperone is not going to help her.

I am sadly not surprised to hear as such. These men have have such power that they can make or break a career. I hope that changes in the future. I remember the phrase from years ago about the “casting couch…”

Here it is compliments of Wikipedia.

Casting couch
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The casting couch, casting-couch syndrome, or casting-couch mentality is the demanding of sexual favors by an employer or person in a position of power and authority, from an apprentice employee, or subordinate to a superior in return for entry into an occupation, or for other career advancement within an organization. The term casting couch originated in the motion picture industry, with specific reference to couches in offices that could be used for sexual activity between casting directors or film producers and aspiring actors.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casting_couch

sigh

Um, how about throwing Kevin Spacey into the mix?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.