Bill de Blasio tells New Yorkers not to eat at ‘anti-LGBT’ Chick-fil-A

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio on Tuesday encouraged his constituents not to eat at a new Chick-fil-A restaurant opening in the city, citing the company’s pro-traditional marriage views.

“What the ownership of Chick-fil-A has said is wrong,” Mr. de Blasio said at a press conference, as reported by DNA Info.

Mr. de Blasio’s comments came after city Councilman Danny Dromm started a boycott for a new Chick-fil-A location opening in Queens.

m.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/may/4/bill-de-blasio-new-york-city-mayor-tells-citizens-/

This man continues to be a joke and is desperately trying to deflect from the scandals in which in and his administration are mired.

Exactly!

Nobody pays any attention to our Accidental Mayor. He will be in jail soon enough anyway. Go Preet, go!!!

Thanks de Blasio fo helping me decide what to have for lunch. The last time the LGBT Thugs threatened that company they had an unheard of boost in sales. I know that I waited in line for 45 min. for my order.

Is it 5 years ago and nobody told me? I thought we could officially not care what the owners of Chick-fil-A believe?

Those frosted lemonades that Chik-Fil-A makes are amazing. de Blasio should try one and just calm down.

Word has it that him and his wife smoke pot to calm down…hard to believe that one, isn’t it?:rolleyes:

Outrageous. I would eat there as a protest if only I had a stronger stomach.

“EAT MOR CHIKIN”

chick-fil-a.com/Cows/Gallery

:slight_smile:

I find Chick-Fil-As to have typically the best staff and cleanest restaurants of any fast food place. When on the road I always feel confident in stopping at them. If only they hadn’t done away with the slaw. I don’t eat there as much since then.

I ate there once to show my support, but when they bowed to the homosexual lobby I stopped.

The restaurant I ate at was clean but the food was unappetizing, sub-par compared to McDonalds and Burger King.

One would think that luring New Business to New York City would be beneficial to the economy.

Since the position of the Catholic Church and Chick-Fil-A both support traditional marriage, one wonders why this mayor isn’t encouraging people to similarly boycott the Church. That I’d like to see.

If I owned one of these franchises I would consider some kind of promotion that mentioned him. Maybe I could leave one table empty to say he was welcome, too. Maybe I would have a 33 oz soda cup on the table.:smiley:

Chick-fil-A is not accused of denying service to anyone; the mayor’s objection is only to the religious beliefs of the founding family. His objection is disgraceful, but not unique. Chicago is also trying to prevent the opening of their franchises, even though they are desperately in need of the jobs and tax revenue they generate.

Free Speech and Free Enterprise do not always work well together, but Free Stupidity is abundant. I’ll take a Dumb Plate-hold the good sense, please.

NY needs get get rid of this guy and his warped way of looking at the world. I don’t know how he ever got elected.

New York values.:smiley:

You got that right.:thumbsup:

I <3 CFA. And around here, no-one gives a flip about Mayor DeBlasio.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.