Bill Maher finally makes some sense!

This is the last guy I thought I'd ever end up standing behind for any of his opinions/feelings, but I guess we're living in strange times. :shrug: Last week on his show he made a comment about how the name "Mohammed" has now become the most popular male baby name in the United Kingdom, and how he finds this "alarming", and later goes on to explain that he doesn't have to apologize for caring about the fate of Western civilization.

I'm sure you can find plenty of other articles about this elsewhere, but for now here's one of the obligatory knee-jerk PC responses from leftist propaganda outlet The Huffington Post:

huffingtonpost.com/frank-fredericks/tell-bill-maher-about-a-m_b_777892.html

[quote="exoflare, post:1, topic:218564"]
This is the last guy I thought I'd ever end up standing behind for any of his opinions/feelings, but I guess we're living in strange times. :shrug: Last week on his show he made a comment about how the name "Mohammed" has now become the most popular male baby name in the United Kingdom, and how he finds this "alarming", and later goes on to explain that he doesn't have to apologize for caring about the fate of Western civilization.

I'm sure you can find plenty of other articles about this elsewhere, but for now here's one of the obligatory knee-jerk PC responses from leftist propaganda outlet The Huffington Post:

[/quote]

That guy... He normally makes me want to turn off whatever it is that I am seeing that features him. Strange... I actually like what he said here.
I sure do like positive surprises.
BTW... To me the obligatory knee-jerk, "politically correct" response is more like a knee-fall "politically correct" response towards Islam.

Mr. Maher has said other intelligent things but insists on bringing up his hedonistic lifestyle and using profanity. Sorry Bill, I'm never getting used to it.

Peace,
Ed

[quote="exoflare, post:1, topic:218564"]

[/quote]

On local online newspaper has a chat section. The only topic where I and a number of self-professed atheists agree is ... the threat of Islam.

**Even a blind squirrel stumbles upon a nut occasionally!

The tepid reaction in the media is just another example of their hypocrisy.

Imagine the vitriol & outrage that would have dominated the news if Rush Limbaugh or Sarah Palin had said this!!

We Catholics love our Muslim brothers & sisters, & must always work to live together in peace & freedom!

We can never condone any group that promotes hatred, violence & the overthrow of free countries to impose their beliefs on unbelievers.

We are called by Jesus to love all people, even our enemies;

"But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you," (MT 5:44) **

Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, Ora Pro Nobis Peccatoribus!

mark

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.