Bill Maher lets loose anti-Catholic attack (CNA)

NEW YORK, May 25 (CNA) - It sounds as though yet another radio show host has crossed the line. Bill Maher, a person known for his anti-Catholic views, treated his listeners to a tirade this last week that rivals Don Imus’ performance. He began with an attack on the late Rev. Jerry Falwell and then launched into a rant against Catholicism:

Full article…

Bill Maher reveling in depravity once again. You can access the clip through a link on NewsBusters. Caution, it is truly offensive material.

Catholic League response.

Contact HBO

Sigh! Bill’s at it again. He’s so edgy and in your face (yawn). I think he’s an idiot and not worth the adreniline it would take to make me angry with him. Getting all incensed at him would be to give him more attention than he’s worth.

That was so foul! He is a disgusting person! Oh Gosh, Can you imagine if he talked about Muslims or Jews in such an offensive way? No it wouldn’t happen!

I have been planning (for a long time now) to cancel HBO at the very moment that the series finale of the Sopranos ends.

Ha-ha!

I wouldn’t pay for HBO. All they show is filth. I heard they showed people having real sex on one show. What do you expect from them?

**[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][size=]Bill Maher Mocks Christianity and Catholics Again[/size]

[/FONT]** The anti-Christian bigotry gets more and more sickening. Bill Maher, host of the talk show “Real Time with Bill Maher” on HBO, recently showed the hatred Maher and the other Hollywood types have for Christianity and Christians.

Just three days after Rev. Jerry Falwell’s death, Maher began his weekly HBO program with a verbal assault on Rev. Falwell and then escalated into a vicious attack on Christianity in general and Catholics in particular.

Maher: “We weren’t having sex, officer. I was performing a very private Mass, here in my car. I was letting my rod and staff comfort him. Take this and eat of it, for this is my roommate Barry…and for all those who believe there is a special place for you in Kevin.”

Please click here for earlier comments of Mr. Maher calling Christians crazy.

Time-Warner, owner of HBO, issued no apology for the on-air explicit homosexual mockery of Scripture and Catholic theology. Neither did the mainstream media bring it to the public’s attention as they did with Don Imus. For the mainstream media, Christians are the only religious group in America against whom such bigotry is allowed.

**Take Action**

[LIST]

*] Send the e-mail to HBO Chairman Chris Albrecht and Bill Maher.
*] Forward this e-mail to your Christian friends to help them better understand the bigotry against Christ and Christians in the mainstream media.
*] Hopefully, you do not subscribe to HBO. If you do, please cancel your subscription.
[/LIST]
Click Here to Send Your Letter Now!

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][size=][/size][/FONT]

I already emailed!!! I find it abhorrent that it’s not ok to speak the truth about homosexuality (even when we speak out of charity and love) yet these people can speak with hate and animosity about Christianity and especially Catholicism and expect to not be called on it. It’s sick. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I never liked Maher. He’s arrogant, offensive, and a representative of the culture of death. Pray for his conversion.

You mean, reversion. He was raised Catholic, he speaks about it in his comedy routines.

According to Wikipedia (so take with a grain of salt, I suppose): Maher is the product of a “mixed” marriage (Jewish mother, Catholic father), and, in his early stand-up routine, he said that he would bring a lawyer to confession: “Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned… I think you know Mr. Cohen…”

I canceled HBO years ago for its anti-Catholic leanings.

Cancel HBO and you can join Netflix for the same price and watch only the movies you want to watch.

Jim

Yep, I emailed too. Besides prayer, there must be a way to curtail these attacks from the likes of people like him.:hmmm:

Yes he’s at it again…

And the gates of hell still have not prevailed !

When will they learn ? :rolleyes:

Bill Maher, Rosie O’Donnell, all crazy anti-Catholics that used to be Catholic. They hate Catholics because they know what they should be doing and are not. They have guilt I think or they would not be so very vicious. I imagine that both of them still have family that are Catholic. Imagine having them in the family and over for a holiday. I know we need to pray for them and all other fallen aways but it sure gets hard when they are so creepy about things. I won’t watch Maher or O’Donnell. I don’t care for either of their “Views”.

i emailed yesterday, and guess what, it came back BOUNCED… guess hbo doesn’t want any of our emails… will try it again today
and it is great to see others are as perturbed by this as i am!

“Bill Maher lets loose anti-Catholic attack (CNA)”

Maher is a contemptible man. So is is Moyers. I hate what they say, passionately.

You can be outraged, but never forget that the day job of Bill Maher, Rosie O’Donnell, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Don Imus, and all provocative talkers is selling advertising. The worst you can do to these people is ignore them because for them any publicity is good publicity.

I don’t listen to Bill Maher and I don’t care what he says about Catholics any more than I care about a skid-row bum’s opinion on financial management.

Why do people of this caliber still have a public forum to berate others. Over 25% of the US population is Catholic and add other Christian denominations and we topple that figure as well. If all they are worried about is ratings…maybe they should take this into consideration. I emailed too. Hopefully it will not bounce back.

I e mailed and it bounced back!!!

This is Maher’s chosen role. However, it is necessary to complain, politely, since if no one does, how will those in charge of broadcasting his show know there is a problem? What I also find disturbing is politicians willing to appear on his show. Why would they want to associate with someone who uses foul language on television? Describing Mr. Maher as “edgy” ignores the fact that his language and behavior on the show is unGodly. It should be condemned.

Pray for Bill Maher.

God bless,
Ed

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.