Bill Nye, the science guy, is open to criminal charges and jail time for climate change dissenters

Bill Nye “the science guy” says in a video interview released Thursday that he is open to the idea of jailing those who deviate from the climate change consensus.

Asked about the heated rhetoric surrounding the climate change debate, such as Robert F. Kennedy Jr.’s previous comments that some climate skeptics should be prosecuted as war criminals, Mr. Nye replied, “We’ll see what happens.”

“Was it appropriate to jail the guys from Enron?” Mr. Nye asked in a video interview with Climate Depot’s Marc Morano. “We’ll see what happens. Was it appropriate to jail people from the cigarette industry who insisted that this addictive product was not addictive, and so on?”

m.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/apr/14/bill-nye-open-criminal-charges-jail-time-climate-c/

It’s time to let my Planetary Society membership go; it has been taken over by atheists and global warning advocates. :frowning:

This will be the new thing pushed by the Left. Jail and threats of jail for those with unapproved opinions.

So you agree pharmaceutical companies should not be held responsible for patient deaths, car companies should not be responsible for deaths related to mechanical problems, crib makers that produce cribs with slats that a child can stick their head between are not responsible, companies that poison water should not have to clean it up and pay for the treatment of people who drank that water and got sick.

Sorry, but I hold the rather old fashioned belief that if you have rights, you have responsibilities. If you fail in those responsibilities, you have consequences.

I thought threats and intimidation time was usually saved for when you know you’ve got nothing else to work with? :shrug:

How did you get **that **out of what PaulfromIowa said? :shrug:

That sounds like totalitarianism.

So you would then agree that there will be consequences to God for those who reject Catholic moral teaching too, right?

And if none of the dire consequences about global warming comes to pass what will you do to set things right to those wrongly imprisoned? You are talking about putting people in prison for disagreement with a theory. What other thoughts (not actions) do you think should have consequences? Does thinking left wing liberals are morons deserve jail time too or is it only thinking conservative wing nuts are stupid that is okay?

Bill Nye suggested that those who lied about the safety of their prod should face legal consequences. How is lying the same as politically incorrect?

:thumbsup:

Put another way: should they have jailed the sceptics in the 1980’s of those who were convinced that we had to do “something” to save humanity from the coming Ice Age?

Bill isn’t even a scientist, why should we care what an actor thinks?

Thank you Sarah.

Sounds like China :eek:

I believe Paul was commenting about opinions and you talking about products.
Thought police anyone?

I agree with you 100%.

I noticed something like this today, I was behind a big dump truck on the expressway, I saw it had a sign on the back ‘Not responsible for items thrown from the truck’…since when did placing a simple label mean the owner of a vehicle is not responsible for stuff flying out of it? LOL

Along the same lines, when I was younger, I hit a huge pot hole and it bent my wheel, since I was only in high school, the cost to fix it was $300. but the DOT said they were not responsible…how do these folks consistently get out of their responsibilities? Id love to know.

So are you saying I can’t follow the product path, that my interpretation of Mr. Nye’s comments are invalid, that my thoughts are wrong.

Again, I hate auto correct, if that is okay with you.

No, your product path is fine. Your thoughts about Mr. Nye are whatever you think. I am saying that your interpretation of what PaulfromIowa said may be incorrect.

My thought police comment was if we jail people for how they think we will end up needing Thought Police.

Considering Jesus said thoughts could be as bad as actions, does that make Jesus the first thought policeman. Yes I am serious. Thoughts can be just as serious to our spiritual health as actions.

The coal and oil industry have never misled about their products and the amount of CO2 released when you use their product. Their CO2 is just as bad as what you exhale (or good if you are a plant).

The product analogy doesn’t work.

Tell that to asthmatics. My exhaling near them causes as many attacks as smoke from a coal fire. :banghead:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.