Billboard Idea

Today I had the idea that we could do billboard advertisements for TLMs.

Example: "Traditional Latin Mass next turn off"
Example 2: “Tridentine Mass X miles away”

I thought this’d be funny - maybe you can add your own signs.

Catholig

"It’s Time to go Tridentine.

God."

“Come to Heaven for an Hour and Eat Doughnuts Afterwards.”

“Tridentine Mass Community: We’re Forward-Looking People.”

“Ressurrection of Luther’s Nightmare: 3 miles on the Right.”

I got another (more creative) one. :smiley:

“Si potes legere hoc signum. Deverte apud posterum abitum ad celebrandum Missae Tridentinae”

(hopefully that is all grammatically correct ;))

Catholig

Originally Posted by Catholig:

I got another (more creative) one. :smiley:

“Si potes legere hoc signum. Deverte apud posterum abitum ad celebrandum Missae Tridentinae”

(hopefully that is all grammatically correct ;))

Catholig

I don’t know Latin, but I’m guessing it means: “If you can read this sign. Turn around immediately in order to celebrate Tridentine Mass”???

I know that’s not completely right. :o

What I meant was -

“If you can read this sign. Turn off (de-vert) at the next stop for the celebration of the Tridentine Mass.”

You know if you’re on a freeway. :wink:

Catholig

BTW - turn around would be “convertere” - I think

“More Tridentine, please.” It would be copyright infringement, and I have to admit I’m not a fan of Ovaltine either. I just like puns.

Are you sure you want the negative connotations of “turn off”? :twocents:

I would say:
Si potes legere hoc signum, exi hic ad Missam secundum Missale B Ioannis XXIII

“If you can read this sign, get off here for a Mass according to the Missal of Bl John XXIII”. (*…ad celebrandum… *would apply only to priests, who have the faculties “to celebrate” the Mass :wink: )

tee

Good if we get a few dozen of those signs interest would go through the roof. :wink:

Maybe we can even give the parish’s name and street address at the bottom of the sing. :smiley:

Catholig

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.