Billy Mays, OxiClean pitchman, found dead

I just heard Billy Mays died, the guy who sells stuff on TV. he was 50 years old. Whats up with all these celeberties dying? This is sad.

I’m going to miss him, every time I use my Pocket Fisherman!

…honestly. I do like Oxy Clean!

And, what’s the thing about 50 years olds? We who were born in 1958? Michael Jackson and Madonna were born in August hadn’t/haven’t reached 51 yet…(I reached 51 here in June!)

Whew!

Yeah. We should probably pray for his soul in case he’s in purgatory.

He was on an aircraft yesterday that blew tires out upon landing. Depending upon the “jolt,” I would suspect if it were serious enough the airline would have had everyone checked out (or if they left without it, had them sign some kind of release):

foxnews.com/story/0,2933,529328,00.html

…Mays, 50, was on board a US Airways flight that blew out its front tires as it landed at a Tampa airport on Saturday, MyFOXTampa.com reported…

Rest in peace, Billy Mays. God Bless you!

Eternal Father, we offer You the Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your dearly beloved Son, our Lord, Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and the sins of the whole world.

I’ll have to watch “Pitchmen” on the Discovery Channel this Wednesday night to see if they mention it.

I will miss him!!

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord.
And let perpetual light shine upon him.
May his soul and all the souls of the faithful departed,
through the mercy of God, rest in peace.
Amen.

Oh nooooooooo! I thought he was awesome. What a terrible week for Hollywood this has been! :frowning:

Someone commented that these things happen in “threes”.

We were waiting to see who #3 would be.

chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/top/all/6501529.html

Shocking: apparently his real name was “William Mays”.

Good question. Since the beginning of June, we’ve lost five that I know of: David Carradine, Ed McMahon, Farah Fawcett, Michael Jackson, Billy Mays.

"Cops: TV pitchman Billy Mays found dead
Mays best known for his hawking of products such as Orange Glo, OxiClean

TAMPA, Fla. - Billy Mays, the burly, bearded television pitchman known for his boisterous hawking of products such as Orange Glo and OxiClean, has died. He was 50."…

Full article here: msnbc.msn.com/id/31596003/ns/us_news-life/?GT1=43001

I’m sorry. This may be irreverent, but I was thinking of what to write in my parish prayer request book that gets read during Mass, and it suddenly struck me:

Peace be to the family of Billy Mays, Infomercial King; that his soul be whitened as if washed with OxiClean, and that the Lord present to him the glories of Heaven, telling him, “But wait, there’s more…!” :smiley:

That we may all recognize that there IS more. :thumbsup:

(Not sure if this should be in News or Popular Media. :shrug: )

(CNN) – Infomercial pitchman Billy Mays died at his Tampa, Florida, home Sunday morning, authorities told CNN.

[IMAGE]
OxiClean pitchman Billy Mays died Sunday morning at his home in Tampa, authorities said.

The 50-year-old known for his shouting OxiClean ads was pronounced dead at 7:45 a.m. The Hillborough County medical examiner will perform an autopsy, Tampa police Lt. Brian Dugan said.

Mays was on the US Airways flight from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, to Tampa on Saturday that had a hard landing at Tampa International Airport when the plane’s front tire blew out. There were no reported injuries on Flight 1241, US Airways told CNN.

cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/TV/06/28/mays.death/index.html

To use a quote someone said on another forum, “It’s been a really rough week… McMahon, Fawcett, Jackson…”.

:highprayer: Eternal Rest grant unto them O’ Lord, And let perpetual light shine upon them and grant them peace. Amen. :crossrc:

I already started a thread on it a while ago. forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=351282

I hope he doesn’t yell as loud as he did in his commercials.

I was just thinking of this

Me too, good ad.

[SIGN]Amen![/SIGN]

"Examiner: Mays likely died of heart attack
Famed TV pitchman found dead at home in Florida

TAMPA, Fla. - Television pitchman Billy Mays likely died of a heart attack in his sleep, but further tests are needed to be sure of the cause of death, a medical examiner said Monday."…

Full article here: msnbc.msn.com/id/31613908/ns/us_news-life/?GT1=43001

I hate to see him go so young. I found him very entertaining, especially on his show “Pitchmen”. Tomorrow the Discovery channel is going to have an all-day retrospective about him. That guy could sell anything!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.