Billy Ray Cyris blames "Hannah Montana" for destroying his family

I am not saying everyone would agree but most if not almost all people catholic or not would accept if given the chance to have their child become a disney star. A big reason is because many dont know how Antichristian and Antimoral hollywood and disney are and also because of how highly money and fame is to almost all people even the ones on this catholic site. And I did not say that it was not Billy and Mileys fault I am just saying that Billy Ray had every-right to say the devil is attacking his family. You are probably the type of person who just blames everything on people and is really judgmental without thinking maybe people do bad things for a reason (Devil) you probably think possessions are also not the devils fault but only because of peoples sins. People are at fault for their sins but The devil is also very much to blame. And maybe Miley was just too out of control for Billy ray to handle because not all parents can handle their children since their are some really bad ones out their.:cool:

But you were implying that he made money from his daughter. Billy ray is actually christian and is not as bad as you make him he may have a bad family but that does not mean it his fault. Their have been many amazing people in history with much worse families. And again he obviously knows he did wrong he probably just did not want to say this during the show because he and his daughter had a contract with disney and he did not want to get in trouble.

I don’t think he’s got a bad family. I think Miley is just acting her age, but she’s doing it under the public eye, hence, the intense scrutiny. In other words, she strikes me as a normal teenage girl and I think she will “cool off” as she matures.

I agree He And his Wife Share A Large Part of The Blame, But Even You Must Admit That Her Being In the Show “Did Not Help,” Did It?:shrug:

I think its sad that her father did it not only to get her known but to shake off the fact that he became a punchline of sorts with his hit record from a million years ago. It seems that his bad decisions are coming back to greet him. However, what decisions his wife made are her own and I bet there were problems in the marriage going way back and maybe the couple held on just to see the disney phase of miley’s career come to an end and had always planned on a split. I can tell they are in a lot of pain and maybe once things die down there may be room for a reconciliation. I just hate the fact that miley will go the way of Lindsey unless her parents put their focus back on parenting her-she is only 18 and hardly ready for the world after all.

MAM

What About Those Parents That Do Let Their Son/Daughter Go For The “Hollywood Machine” YET Ensure That Said Son/Daughter Is Not “Corrupted” By The Same “Hollywood Machine?” There Are Examples Of Those, You Know…:rolleyes:

I Don’t Doubt that Hollywood And Disney Had Something To Do With The Corruption-------Yet To Me, It Is Also Clear That It Was Lack of Parental Authotity, Coupled With Greed And Lax Supervision Of Miley By The Cyrus Parents, That Partially Led to This Also. :thumbsup:

Nope. If I had been Hannah Montana (which is very disturbing on many levels), I would have still turned out fine because my parents knew that the root of good moral behavior comes from God and there were no games played when it came to my behavior and discipline, money be damned. Even better, I’d be a few million dollars richer and have my morals intact.

Please See Post Above Yours. :thumbsup:

I’m going to pretend you know the irony of the bold statement and move on.

Once again, we can only go so far in blaming Satan. God holds us accountable for our own sins, Satan is already sentenced to eternal damnation. We cannot shift all blame to Satan. What good does that do us?

**I’m going to pretend you know the irony of the bold statement and move on.

Once again, we can only go so far in blaming Satan. God holds us accountable for our own sins, Satan is already sentenced to eternal damnation. We cannot shift all blame to Satan. What good does that do us?

are you trying to say im stupid? that doesn’t sound judgemental at all. And also I am not judging and I dont go around judging everyone I see. In the bolded statement I wasnt trying to attack you I was simply trying to help you see that it wasnt right to judge others if it came out wrong then I apologize.

And yes we can not blame everything on Satan because when we do wrong its still our faults but its still good to know that Satan is the one who is tempting us and the one who causes or influences us to act the ways we do. Satan is the one who deceived eve and caused her to sin. And ever since Satan has been deceiving human beings that does not mean we are not at fault but it is good to know why we are the way we are and its also good since Christians can know to pray to Lord Jesus to protect us from the Devil. And Satan is still roaming the world and will be until Jesus returns so although he is in eternal damnation he is still very powerful and in the world.

It is funny how Billy Ray now denounces Hannah Montana, and how Miley now wants to be Miley, not Hannah but the Hannah merchandise still lines the shelves in stores! If they truly want to be rid of the fantasy, they need to stop monopolizing on it!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.