Bipartisan Senate group demands briefing on Yemen raid

thehill.com/policy/defense/318730-bipartisan-senators-demand-briefing-on-yemen-raid

*A bipartisan group of senators is demanding a briefing on the controversial raid in Yemen that left one Navy SEAL dead.

“We write today with serious concerns about U.S. policy in Yemen and to urgently request a classified briefing regarding our actions and objectives there,” the senators wrote in a letter to Defense Secretary James Mattis, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and acting Director of National Intelligence Michael Dempsey.

The letter was signed by Sens. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.), Rand Paul (R-Ky.), Al Franken (D-Minn.) and Mike Lee (R-Utah).

The four have been highly critical of U.S. policy in Yemen in the past, particularly U.S. support of the Saudi Arabia-led campaign in the civil war there between the internationally recognized government and Houthi rebels.*

Good.

Where was this during Benghazi?

I don’t know - I was seventeen.

Trump approved a mission that produced no actionable intelligence, per senior officials, and cost a SEAL his life. Trump is now trying to pin the blame on the previous administration as well as military leaders. Trump’s lack of character is appalling. :mad:

Yep.

This was a mission that was started before I got here. This was something they wanted to do … They came to me, they explained what they wanted to do ― the generals ― who are very respected, my generals are the most respected that we’ve had in many decades, I believe. And they lost Ryan.

Hmmm what generals is he talking about? And were they, already so early in the administration, different from those of Obama?

Come one now. It sounds like you have had the briefing already.

It is good to see the parties working together for the good of the country though.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.