Bishop Dolan gave the eucharist to V.P. Biden

I t has come to my attention that during Palm Sunday services that Cardinal Dolan HIMSELF
gave V.P. Biden the eucharist during communion. and then gave a “shout out” to
Biden during the service. It has also come to my attention that Bishop Dolan will NOT ALLOW the Latin Mass be performed in his archdiocese.
What a let down when we compare the actions of our Pope and the actions of the man
we call “America’s Prince”.
What do you think of this?

Various news stories have confirmed that the Cardinal served the Eucharist to the VP. Many of us don’t like that this was done, but one news story stated they had breakfast together after the Mass. Let’s hope the Cardinal explained things and asked the VP not to receive again, until he renounces his stands against Church teachings.

But as far as the other allegations go, how do you know this is not just gossip? How have you substantiated the claims?

btw prior to reading your post, I haven’t read that Cardinal Dolan is considered “America’s Prince”? According to whom?

Bishop Dolan serves, and has for quite a while, over New York, one of the most worldly places in the world, a center of all that is relativist and which regards religion as anathema. I am a native New York City person, for what that’s worth, and sense something about his character. I cannot see him publicly standing up for the Church’s teaching to refuse to someone’s face communion. Possibly, he did so at breakfast, but he probably puts a high premium on amicable relations at a meal, in the final analysis. I mean the distilled essence of the meal would be - amicable relations rather than serious judgment. It’s easy for me to say; how many of our prominent Bishops have actually, to their faces, refused communion in similar situations. I don’t know…

According to the source I heard it was senior archdiocese officials.
I also heard that unofficially he known either as “America’s Bishop” or “America’s Prince”.
I don’t remember where I heard it. I think he got that nickname for being Archbishop of NYC.

What do you mean " giving him a shout out "?

Our Pope refused communion to pro abortion politicians in Argentina, whats good for the Pope is good enough for Bishop Dolan. And BTW, Archbishop Burk who is control of cannon
for the Vatican, said that Bishops should enforce Cannon 915 on dissenting American
politicians. He said this before he took the postion in the Vatican, back during the 2004
election.

I wasn’t there, but from what I heard Bishop Dolan publicly praised him during the service.

That’s what Michael Voris called it.

Whether that’s hearsay or fact is another thing.

I don’t know about your other claims but this is clearly incorrect. There are Latin Masses in New York City.

Excuse me folks, he is CARDINAL Dolan. A title not bestowed on anyone lightly. Please show common courtesy and use it when referring to His Eminence.

And the Pope himself allowed the President of Agentina to take communion in the Vatican. He clearly knew that the President is pro-abortion and pro-contraception as he has had that battle with her for years.

For me - I respect the decision of Pope Francis and Cardinal Dolan. I expect they know what they are doing a lot more than me. It would all of us good to worry more about our own souls and less about Mr. Bidens.

I’m not a mod, but please be mindful of the forum rules when it comes to speaking against the clergy within and without CAF.

Our Holy Father Pope Francis didn’t personally give Holy Communion to the President of Argentina or any other politician for that matter, that was done by someone else who was distributing it.

Shouldn’t some more respect be given to Our Lord Jesus Christ in the Eucharist? What was done was a sacrilege. Our duty is about saving other souls as well. Canon law says that pro-abort politicians cannot receive Holy Communion. Cardinal Dolan did not obey that law. He made the wrong decision. It’s very sad when this happens.

Why isn’t Canon 915 being followed?

Those who have been excommunicated or interdicted after the imposition or declaration of the penalty and others obstinately persevering in manifest grave sin are not to be admitted to holy communion.

Or the document written by Cardinal Ratzinger, who was then prefect of the Congregation of the Doctrine for Faith, on the worthiness to receive Communion?

1. Regarding the grave sin of abortion or euthanasia, when a person’s formal cooperation becomes manifest (understood, in the case of a Catholic politician, as his consistently campaigning and voting for permissive abortion and euthanasia laws), his Pastor should meet with him, instructing him about the Church’s teaching, informing him that he is not to present himself for Holy Communion until he brings to an end the objective situation of sin, and warning him that he will otherwise be denied the Eucharist.

priestsforlife.org/magisterium/bishops/04-07ratzingerommunion.htm

Next time give us some facts and not gossip you hear from others.

"What a let down when we compare the actions of our Pope and the actions of the man
we call “America’s Prince”."

What you said was very disrespectful and rude to a Cardinal. If you didn’t see things with your own eyes and experienced it first hand then you should not judge others, especially when it comes to a Cardinal.

Sources would be helpful. The fact that a very quick google search found the TLM in New York City makes me wonder about the rest of your accusations against Cardinal Dolan.

I, too was concerned when I heard that VP Biden was going to go to the Ceremony and Mass. I attend a parish where, after daily Mass, our priest asks if we would like to sit and discuss any question or concern we have on our minds. I brought up the impending possibility of Biden presenting himself for reception of the Holy Eucharist for the whole world to see and his long held milque toast position on abortion. Biden claims that while he personally holds to the teachings of the Catholic Church he believes he has no right to force his beliefs on anyone else and therefore he feels he is in compliance and in good standing with the Church. I was wondering what would happen and would Biden be denied when he presented himself. Our priest told us that the Pope would not deny Biden and that we have no way of knowing what is in Biden’s heart. He further stated that I was judging and seeking revenge against this man. At first I was stunned and inwardly felt righteous indignation. Since this was not a debate but question asked and answered, I said nothing further and resolved to pray and reflect on what Father had said. After many days and nights of praying and reading Catholic literature, including the CCC I did come to see that what my pastor said about me was true. I have repented and asked for God’s forgiveness and will pray for all those who are lost in darkness instead of making pronouncements on another person’s guilt or innocence.

I was wondering the same thing. We had a beloved forumer here from NY who went to an FSSP parish. I wonder she is right now.

According to Ecclesia Dei, there are 15 churches that do EF masses in the NY Archdiocese.

I smell something fishy.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.