Bishop Lynch Contradicts Catholic Opinions Regarding Foca

I am “possibly” wrong, but isn’t this the same Bishop who saw nothing wrong in giving Biden communion when he visited Lynch’s parish?

Bishop Lynch Surprisingly Dismisses FOCA’s Abortion Threat to Catholic Hospitals
by Deal Hudson
February 3, 2009
Asked by CNS reporter Nancy Frazier O’Brien about FOCA, Bishop Lynch spoke against it, but then tried to dismiss Catholic concerns about the impact of the bill on Catholic hospitals: "But there is no plan to shut down any hospital if it passes. There’s no sense of ominous danger threatening health care institutions
Sr. Carol Keehan, president of the Catholic Health Association, took the identical position when interviewed by O’Brien.
Keehan caused some controversy weeks ago when she defended President Barack Obama against criticism from pro-lifers and praised his choices of pro-abortion Health and Human Services secretary Tom Daschle and deputy health care director Jeanne Lambrew.

lifenews.com/nat4812.html

Is Lynch a grain of wheat, or just the chaff who has fallen off the stalk?

I don’t know about Bishop Lynch, but CHA is an organization which cannot be trusted. There is another thread on the CNS article here:

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=306273

CHA has made misleading and false statements about the pharmacology of Plan B and has defied Church teaching on nutrition and hydration as well. As the article stated: Sr. Carol Keehan, president of CHA, defended President Barack Obama against criticism from pro-lifers and praised his choices of pro-abortion Health and Human Services secretary Tom Daschle and deputy health care director Jeanne Lambrew. The fact that CHA is not worried about FOCA doesn’t surprise me. They do what they want and ignore the Church moral teachings when it suits them.

What is the current status of FOCA in the houses of the US Congress? Does it have a bill number and list of sponsors?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_Choice_Act

I do believe it is the same Bishop.

Bishop Lynch spoke against it, but then tried to dismiss Catholic concerns about the impact of the bill on Catholic hospitals: "But there is no plan to shut down any hospital if it passes. There’s no sense of ominous danger threatening health care institutions

That is news to me. In fact I am hearing quite the opposite. Many of these Catholic institutions will voluntarily shut down if not forced to do so if it is mandated that they kill people.

No one knows what effect FOCA will have on Catholic hospitals i.e. the “fall out” from it.

The reason to stop FOCA is to stop a train before it gets to speed.

If we look at other places which have had total free choice with abortion, what happened when they found they were losing their workforce and the average woman had had 3-5 abortions and they tried to STOP the flow was that even offering incentives, putting ads on TV to keep the babies etc have not been effective. To wit, Russia has been trying to stop or cut down abortions for years. With little success.

Some feel that FOCA may inflame the pro life movement to get off their butts and move from the useless “preaching to the choir” and marches and feel good stuff to going to the poll and voting these idiots out of their jobs.

Once Christians voted in a block, we are 85 percent of the population and could vote in anything we wanted including a Congress which would appeal FOCA and if we refused to watch TV which did NOT support the pro life movement, you would find quickly TV would fire the liberals and feature conservatives.

You see with the structure of our government, we have a lot of power.

I don’t know what the Bishop was thinking and I won’t write him off as yet - he has his reasons and may be giving an educated opinion or just HIS opinion which last I heard he has a right to.

There is something the American pro life movement does not quite yet get… FOCA is a given. It will pass because the Democrats and our president OWE Planned Parenthood bigtime for getting them into office.

So instead of writing endless letters which the Democrats could care less about, let’s get together among ourselves, organize to vote in a block and then, fire the democrats in Congress at the polls. That will give them a WAY more dynamic message than our whining. Right now they think we cannot elect a fly but we have the power if we only realize it and take definite steps.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.