Bishop: over 2,500 Catholics slain by Boko Haram [CWN]

The bishop of Maidiguri, a city in northeastern Nigeria, said that the militant Islamist organization Boko Haram has murdered over 2,500 Catholics in his diocese.Bishop Oliver Doeme is …

More…

I think I read last night that the city had been surrounded.
I am so sorry for all these deaths at the hands of terrorists.
I can’t imagine what it must be like to live over there and be at the hands of this terror group.

I hope there is a plan to get rid of boko haram like there is to get rid of ISIS.

I think I read last night that the city had been surrounded.
I am so sorry for all these deaths at the hands of terrorists.
I can’t imagine what it must be like to live over there and be at the hands of this terror group.

I hope there is a plan to get rid of boko haram like there is to get rid of ISIS.

Looks like the 21st is turning out to be another banner century for Christian martyrdom :frowning:

Who would have thought!

God willing these guys get taken care of. There has to be serious thoughts of killing these terrorists, just go all out and get them from the upper African continent and throughout the middle east

Correct, but remember it has been said that martyrs are the seed of the Church. I find these times very interesting - on one hand we have the Church in turmoil with dissidents seeking to destroy her teaching and on the other, silent witnesses, strong in their faith and love of Christ to the point of death. What a contrast. As Satan increases his activity, so does Christ increase His grace.

:thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.