Bishop Soto?s defense of Church teaching at gay ministry conference draws attendees? ire (CNA)

Sacramento, Sep 27, 2008 / 10:54 am (CNA).- Jamie Soto, the coadjutor bishop of Sacramento, addressed the National Association of Catholic Diocesan Lesbian and Gay Ministries conference in Long Beach, California on September 18. While noting that marriage is not the “sole domain of love,” he also reiterated the Church?s teaching that homosexual acts are sinful. http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/catholicnewsagency/dailynews/~4/404760417

Full article…

This is wonderful. I will pray for the Bishop. I will also pray that other bishops take a stand on this issue as well as on abortion and family.:thumbsup:

While the audience members responded to the bishop’s remarks, the California Catholic Daily says, one board member of the National Association of Catholic Diocesan Lesbian and Gay Ministries approached one of the tables in the room and said “On behalf of the board, I apologize. We had no idea Bishop Soto was going to say what he said.” I believe this Bishop should get an award for faithfulness to the Magesterium.

The California Catholic Daily claims that the Berkeley-based National Association of Catholic Diocesan Lesbian and Gay Ministries has the reputation of taking “at best, an ambiguous stance” on issues concerning same-sex attraction and homosexual acts.

The good news is not just that these examples of courageous and faithful witness take place. It is that they are becoming more frequent in North America, and no less wonderful due to the increase.

Courageous, faithful Bishops are on the increase. Wishy-washy ones are going into hiding, or retirement. Patience on the part of the Faithful is being rewarded.

Gerry

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.