Bishop Williamson Removed As Member of SSPX?

From the National Catholic Register (the NCR that hadn’t been condemned as heretical by its Ordinary)

The Superior General of the breakaway Society of St. Pius X has removed Bishop Richard Williamson as a member of the priestly fraternity, it is being claimed.

The reliable Rorate Caeli blog said it could confirm that Bishop Bernard Fellay, Superior General of the SSPX, had removed Williamson from the fraternity, and that the removal "comes at the end of an internal procedure that included repeated entreaties by the higher authorities of the Society regarding Williamson’s decisions and actions that apparently went unheeded.”

Other sources say Fellay was not happy with Williamson’s blog and newsletters whose content sowed dissent within the ranks of the SSPX, and which counselled against reconcilation with Rome.

That would be a positive move moving toward reconciliation.

If this is true, I suspect we will soon see the LDSSPX. :smiley:

Here is the article from National Catholic Register: ncregister.com/blog/edward-pentin/bishop-williamson-removed-as-member-of-sspx

Per the article, they are already referring to a group which splintered off of the SSPX as the SSPX-SO (SO = strict observance). This was the first I had heard of this. Interesting, but hardly surprising I suppose.

Now the SSPX will know how the Church felt when the SSPX broke away. :shrug:

Perhaps. As also noted in the article, groups who split away from the Church tend to split again themselves into smaller groups down the road. Its sad to see, but history seems to be repeating itself yet again.

Is there any confirmation for this from the SSPX themselves?

From SSPX website:

sspx.org/superior_generals_news/sspx_communique_concerning_bishop_williamson_10-24-2012.htm

Thanks. That wasn’t there fifteen minutes ago when I checked. :o

catholicnews.com/

People will point out the irony, people will relish in the SSPX tasting their own medicine but ultimately the SSPX are one step closer to reunion. And that is a good thing.

Exactly. :slight_smile:

I certainly agree. They’re weeding out the wolves of their Society. But I still find the irony amazing - which isn’t to say that I ENJOY the irony.

What I don’t understand is why so many people are against him, he has spoken out against the chosen ones who till this day still are manipulating the masses, this small minority is wagging the rest of the the world into believing the mainstream lies written as our history, Williamson has a lot of guts and heart to stand by his word.

Just so that I can be sure, you believe that the Holocaust/Shoah is a lie and that this was a fabrication of the Jews?

Living in central Europe has made me raise many questions about our current history, and this topic if questioned automatically pigeon holes a person into being labelled all kinds of ridiculous names, just like William Bishop has been and many other every day people who dare to research this topic in-depth.
I do believe that much of the current version of history has been manipulated by a certain group who have mastered the art of deception, who control much of our media and write themselves into history.
Unfortunately there is more focus on this one questionable topic then the atheist groups who killed millions more people throughout Europe and the world by introducing communist philosophy into our everyday life by disguising this as being democracy and freedom, whilst someone who loves there tradition, culture, religion and nation are extreme.
I am cautious to answering any direct questions because of the ridiculous era we live in, we have no freedom to express ourselves or question, just like Jesus who was tortured for speaking the truth.
“Give not that which is holy to dogs; neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest perhaps they trample them under their feet, and turning upon you, they tear you.”

Matthew 7:6

A yes or no will suffice.

Questionable :wink:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.