Bishops, priests and deacons in the bible

Does anyone know how to explain the organizational structure of the catholic church from a biblical perspective? For example, what does the word “ecclesia” mean. I’m sure it’s a greek word, but don’t have a clue as to what it is. And so how would I defend the organization structure of Bishops, priests and deacons?

The name “the Catholic Church” (Greek: katholikos ekklesia) developed from Acts 9:31 “the Church throughout all” (Greek: ekklesia kath olos).

This link should be of some help, The Church is Hierarchical.

When I read the New Testament and the writings of other first-century Christians, it is clear that there are at least two orders, namely bishops (overseers) and deacons (helpers). The order of bishops seems to include the order of priests/presbyters (elders); the terms seem to be used interchangeably.

By the end of the first century and the beginning of the second, the three orders that we are familiar with (bishops, priests, and deacons) are more clearly differentiated, as can be seen in the letters of Ignatius of Antioch written about A.D. 107.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.