Bishops recall 'Way of St. James' as chance to trust in God

catholicnewsagency.com/news/bishops-recall-way-of-st-james-as-chance-to-trust-in-god/

Santiago de Compostela, Spain, Sep 11, 2012 / 04:02 am (CNA/EWTN News).- Members of the Catholic clergy from around the United States hiked 100 miles of an ancient pilgrimage this summer, relying on God to give them strength to endure suffering along the way.

Archbishop Paul S. Coakley of Oklahoma City, Bishop James S. Wall of Gallup, N.M., Fr. Gerry Baker of Owensboro, Ky. and Fr. Don Kline of Phoenix accompanied auxiliary Bishop James D. Conley of Denver along the medieval “El Camino de Santiago” in Spain from Aug. 21 to Aug. 28.

This is wonderful to hear! The story touched me on many levels. Has anyone else seen the film “The Way” with Martin Sheen?

I’m impressed they did it in a week. :smiley:

I would love to do this one day, it sounds absolutely amazing.

I have seen the movie, shame they only did the last 100km instead of the full 800km.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.