Bizarre posts

I have created a few threads and received some replies that have really grieved my heart. One was the denial that God wants a personal relationship with each and every one. Another was an attack on me because I said that I know my name is in the Book of Life. I said this because I know that if I die tonight where I would go. Now im not saying i know by what means exactly that God would judge me, for no one can know such things, or that I understand the bottomless of His mercy and justice, I am merely saying that according to my faith in Christ Jesus, I know I am saved and reconciled to the Father, and guaranteed eternal life with The Creator of The Heavens and The Earth. So please dont call me out on something you should be in agreement with. Just a silly concept for someone to say such a bizarre thing. God Bless

What are you talking about? In the Catholic Church in every Mass, we personally received the Lord Jesus Christ, Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity in the Blessed Eucharist. It gets very personal. No Catholic here reject God. Perhaps you completely misunderstood us which is very apparent.

Perhaps if you shared with us the verse (or verses) of Scripture that says we must “have a personal relationship” with God in order to have eternal life; and the verse (or verses) of Scripture that say we are “guaranteed” eternal life no matter what. I asked you on another thread about where to find some verses to support what you believe from the Bible. Is there a reason you haven’t answered those yet?

Blessings,

Ah, that’s very true! Receiving Christ is VERY personal for a Catholic. :thumbsup:

NewPerspective, I and many others appreciate your deep faith in Jesus and your desire to share that faith with everyone you meet. It is good that you are witnessing about what Christ has done in your life. It is good that you are using the Word of God.

What bothers many of us is that you are saying things about what the Catholic Church teaches and practices that AREN’T TRUE.

Several of us, myself included, have suggested that you please do some studying and reading about what the Catholic Church teaches. There are some good resources right here on this website. I suggest that you go to the home page of Cathoic Answers, look for the “library” (it’s on the left hand side of my screen), and read all the articles. It won’t take you that long.

These articles will give you a lot of the “basics” of what Catholics believe.

I think you’ve probably obtained a lot of information about the Catholic Church from sources that didn’t tell you the truth. Perhaps you have an “ex-Catholic friend” who tells you about their experiences. A lot of “ex-Catholics” are people who received very poor teaching about the Catholic Church.

Or perhaps you have read some of the books about Catholics by Protestants. These don’t have correct information at all, and there is a lot of twisting of what Catholics say to make it sound un-Biblical.

NewPerspectives, surely you don’t like it when people say untrue things about your faith and tell lies about your Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Catholics feel the same way when you say untrue things about OUR faith and our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

And to be honest, in all kindness, I must say that you appear very foolish when you argue against a “religion” that isn’t even what Catholics teach and believe.

Yes, I know that the Bible says that the teaching of Christ is foolishness to those who don’t believe, but **the Bible also says to study to prove that you are a workman that doesn’t need to be ashamed. ** (my paraphrases).

I hope I am making this all clear, NewPerspectives. There are a few mean people here, as there are everywhere, but for the most part, we would all love to talk and debate with you nicely about Catholicism. But so far, you’ve posted a lot of things about Catholicism that aren’t even true. It’s really hard to know what to say to you when you insist on posting these untruths about the Catholic Church.

Please do some studying, please. It won’t hurt your faith in Jesus at all to learn what Catholics REALLY teach.

Thanks so much and God bless you in your efforts to fulfill the Great Commisson in your words and life.

NewPerspectives, allow me to say one more thing to you.

THANK YOU for following the SCRIPTURAL instructions on resolving conflicts and coming to us with your grievance, rather than just sulking or lashing out or complaining in your spirit.

I think it is GOOD that you are bringing your frustrations to all of us and asking for some kind of resolution. This tells me that your heart is definitely in the right place. More of us should do this rather than just picking up our “toys” and running away.

Again, God bless you as you continue to try to have fellowship with Catholic Christians. You’ve been brought here by the Holy Spirit for a purpose.

For an obviously non-Catholic to come to a Catholic board and ask us to not call you out on something you’ve said that’s not a Catholic belief is pretty… um… odd. What did you honestly expect?

Yes, there are a few on here that can be rather rude, but for the most part, of the posters I’ve seen that speak the truth, they do so with love and really try to be charitable. Especially when you start to see the same things over and over and over and over again from the non-Catholics coming here and wanting to convert us or tell us their personal, obviosuly misguided, opinion of the Catholic Church and say they speak the truth whilst we are in ignorance. I mean, come on… you’re not making a good name for yourself when you make claims such as this

Im saying that the majority of what the catholic church does and teaches is DEAD WRONG and 120% unscriptural, contradictory actually. It would be one thing if it was just some goofy fabricate doctrine like Mormonism, but it is an actual contradiction to the Word of God.

(the source was from the link Pixie Dust provided above)

I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors to learn the Truth about Catholicism. I like this quote from St. Augustine:

“Lord, those are your best servants who wish to shape their life on Your answers rather than to shape your answers on their wishes.” We need to conform our lives to the teachings of God, not conform God’s teachings to the way we want to live our lives.

As a Catholic, we don’t wish to live according to what we interpret from the Bible. We live in accordance to the teachings of Christ, which I believe to be found only in the Catholic Church in her entirety. :smiley:

Good luck! :thumbsup:

So please dont call me out on something you should be in agreement with

Does anyone else see anything wrong with this quote? :stuck_out_tongue:

NewPerspective, if we don’t agree with something, we’re going to call you on it, just as the fact that because you don’t believe in the Real Presence, or you believe in Sola Scriptura, or even that you do believe in Assurance of Salvation, you’re going to call us out.

You came to a Catholic board to challenge us, then get upset when people don’t agree with you because we “should be in agreement” with you?

It wasn’t so much a denial, according to the way I interpreted it, so much as a challenge for you to realise that it is not a teaching of Scripture.

“Personal relationship is nowhere in the Bible; Jesus’ command is to follow Him. In Paul’s own words, he is but a slave to Christ; nowhere does Paul imply about that as a personal relationship, for no slave has a personal relationship with his Master. Jesus did call His Disciples as friends, but again it does not imply that He has a personal relationship with them. Peter’s words at Pentecost does not hint of any personal relationship, either. The relationship Jesus wants is rather that of a Master and a disciple; a teacher and a student. Come, follow Me is not a command that implies a personal relationship, but is a call made as that of a Master to His disciple, to follow and obey Him. Early Christianity understood this relationship like this as well.”

As Catholics, we are fortunate to have an *intimate *relationship with God through the Eucharist where we consume the Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of Jesus. God is literally inside our bodies for a period of time. You can’t get more personal than that.

** I know I am saved and reconciled to the Father, and guaranteed eternal life with The Creator of The Heavens and The Earth.** So please dont call me out on something you should be in agreement with. Just a silly concept for someone to say such a bizarre thing. God Bless

The apostle Paul taught that we had to be faithful until the end. 1Cor.9:27 shows us that St Paul did not believe he had a guarantee of salvation. *But I pommel my body and subdue it, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified. *A person would have to be very selective in his or her Scripture study to believe in OSAS.

I think what I get by the term “personal relationship” with Christ is to have this buddy-buddy thing with Him, that Jesus is your bestfriend or some such relationship. Now, as Catholics, we do believe that we have this intimate relationship with Him in the Eucharist, where we accept Him body, blood, soul and divinity–His entire self, into us. However, that still does not mean that this “personal relationship” should mean that we shold treat Jesus in a casual way–that some think of Him as the greatest bestfriend, ever. Not that I’m saying He is not, since He is and more, but that we should not trivialize this relationship with Him to the point of making it seem like something casual. Again, my point is that nowhere is this in the Bible; even Peter, as I said, at Pentecost treated Jesus with great reverence and did not make Him out as “my bestest best buddy”, or something to that effect. Our relationship with Christ ultimately is more as a Master, and we are His Disciples. Paul goes further and sees himself as a servant and slave to Christ–nothing personal about that! It’s contrary to this notion of “personal relationship”.

I think what I get by the term “personal relationship” with Christ is to have this buddy-buddy thing with Him, that Jesus is your bestfriend or some such relationship. Now, as Catholics, we do believe that we have this intimate relationship with Him in the Eucharist, where we accept Him body, blood, soul and divinity–His entire self, into us. However, that still does not mean that this “personal relationship” should mean that we shold treat Jesus in a casual way–that some think of Him as the greatest bestfriend, ever. Not that I’m saying He is not, since He is and more, but that we should not trivialize this relationship with Him to the point of making it seem like something casual. Again, my point is that nowhere is this in the Bible; even Peter, as I said, at Pentecost treated Jesus with great reverence and did not make Him out as “my bestest best buddy”, or something to that effect. Our relationship with Christ ultimately is more as a Master, and we are His Disciples. Paul goes further and sees himself as a servant and slave to Christ–nothing personal about that! It’s contrary to this notion of “personal relationship”.

Um…No :slight_smile: If there is something we are supposed to believe - then we should believe it :slight_smile:

It all depends on what that “something” is.

I think NP should be cut some slack - we can have him/her/(them ?) for breakfast if/when he/she has become a bit more hardened to the rough & tumble of the fora.

Just my opinion ##

NewPerspective, if we don’t agree with something, we’re going to call you on it, just as the fact that because you don’t believe in the Real Presence, or you believe in Sola Scriptura, or even that you do believe in Assurance of Salvation, you’re going to call us out.

You came to a Catholic board to challenge us, then get upset when people don’t agree with you because we “should be in agreement” with you?

I personally receive Him at every Mass too. I also read His Word daily and pray to Him daily. I go to a Bible study at my parish, too. He is very personal to me.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.