Black gun rights groups

Seems like they are organizing in protecting themselves and those in the black community…including against “white supremacists” and “white nationalists”…which of course they have a right to do if they feel threatened…

2 Likes

Good to see. The earliest “Jim Crow” laws dealt with ensuring that newly freed blacks would be unable to exercise their 2nd amendment rights, setting the stage for the KKK and other terror groups to target blacks without worrying about them being able to fight back. Personally, I’d like to see gay gun groups like, the Pink Pistols, and women’s gun groups, like “The Well Armed Women” equally thrive. Most bullies find oppressing people capable of fighting back to be more trouble than it’s worth.

4 Likes

How intriguing!

Season 1 of Netflix’s “Follow This” did an episode on Black Survivalists. You may find it of interest.

The counter-intuitive thing is that it’s Trump’s supporters, who are often tarred with the white supremacist/nationalist label, that will be the most likely to be pleased with this news.

7 Likes

The gun control laws in this country date back to the early 17th century. Before the 1960’s, they were usually aimed at blacks. But a lot of that history has been scrubbed or memory holed off the internet because it doesn’t fit the narrative.

2 Likes

I support their right to do so, but the biggest gun threat to the black community comes from urban street goers, and I am not sure they are planning to defend against that.

I thought it was rampaging white MAGA hat wearers trolling the streets with nooses? :wink:

Really though I wanted to ask, what is a “urban street goer”?

Local city folks who shoot each other; I just winged in when making up the term :slight_smile:

Sadly, MANY of the folks (in Baltimore, for example) want nothing but to protect their kids from the violence, but cannot really escape it in the cities.

1 Like

I follow Colion Noir on you tube. He is an African American pro second
amendment right person. His videos are pretty good.

3 Likes

Thanks 7_Sorrows on the Colion Noir recomendation.

I went and viewed some of his material (a sample in the link below), and I think you are right.

He is excellent! Uses great common sense on this issue.

2 Likes

One would hope so. The progressive politicians there seem unconcerned

So far I have been impressed with what I
have seen. Glad you checked it out and
liked it.

2 Likes

I remember this like it was yesterday…funny how everyone was losing their mind and calling for gun control when the Panthers used their rights to exercise the open carry law in California …EVEN THE NRA!

History.com notes, " In contrast to the NRA’s rigid opposition to gun control in today’s America, the organization fought alongside the government for stricter gun regulations in the 1960s. This was part of an effort to keep guns out of the hands of African-Americans as racial tensions in the nation grew. The NRA felt especially threatened by the Black Panthers, whose well-photographed carrying of weapons in public spaces was entirely legal in the state of California, where they were based."

Funny how some things change, and some things don’t!

1 Like

When the issue of Washington, DC’s gun laws was before the Supreme Court, Handgun Control, Inc (an anti-gun organization) submitted a brief to the Court arguing that gun control was licit because the Colony of Maryland had laws against Catholics owning guns.

Temporal proximity to the Watts Riots of 1965 in which over 30 people died, thousands more were injured, and millions in property was destroyed probably had something to do with the reaction. Fortunately, the NRA came back to their senses and was opposing gun restrictions proposed in the wake of the 1992 Rodney King riots.

Intriguing rationale!

I saw him last night on Tucker Carlson.He was impressive

1 Like

Intriguing that someone can look at events from 1965 and speculate that they might have had an impact on decisions made in 1966? I think it’s intriguing that anybody would find that intriguing…

1 Like
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.