Black Magic

Is there anywhere in the bible written about black magic and how to get rid of black magic spells that have been cast.

I have heard of the evil eye, please let me know if anyone has heard of this termonolgy and how to diffuse it immediately and also of any other black magic spells that have been cast or can be cast.

I have a way of dispelling these black magic spells, but I need to get as much information as possible.

I suggest Fr. Amorth’s “An Exorcist Tells His Story” where he discusses exorcisms, magic, and demonology. The short answer is talk to a priest or bishop. If you do feel you’ve been “cursed,” the answer is to consult the Church, NOT some gypsy or psychic or sorcerer, they only make things worse.

What makes you think you’ve been somehow afflicted with magic? I think its a pretty rare occurrence.

Be careful that you don’t play into these practices, it may be their way of dragging you in.

Pay no credence where none is due. I’ve known people who have cast spells but I highly doubt that they wield any true fake power.

Good advice. Christ is our only recourse against magic. We don’t have any business taking it on with counter-techniques or spells which a) involve us in magical activity and b) perpetuate the problem.

I agree with Andreas, nothing can counteract Christ and the grace provided by the sacraments. The person who casts a spell or curse does more harm to themselves than to others because they are setting themselves up to be a god. Believing that their witchcraft has any power is conceding to their religion. They have no real power, it’s all in their head.

The results from a spell/curse are either due to the mind, demonic attack, or a mixture of both. Don’t dwell on the curse soas not to mentally trap yourself, and use Holy Water frequently, wear the Brown Scapular, carry (and pray) the Rosary, invoke the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary often, and beseech St. Michael. Find a holy, orthodox priest if you have any other questions. The devil hates blessed objects so wear them.

Get yourself some gypsy tears to counterract the evil eye :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah, seriously, approach your priest about this. Also you should use Holy Water and get a St. Benedict medal.

Here is a shortened version of a spiritual warfare prayer that was taught to me by Fr. Robert DeGrandis:
SPIRITUAL WARFARE PRAYER
(from H.O.M. Ministries)
Heavenly Father, I love you, I praise You, and I worship you.
I thank you for sending your Son Jesus Who won victory over
sin and death for my salvation. I thank You for sending Your
Holy Spirit Who empowers me, guides me, and leads me into
fulness of life. I thank You for Mary, my Heavenly Mother, who
intercedes with the holy angels and saints for me.

Lord Jesus Christ, I place myself at the foot of Your cross 

and ask You cover me with your Precious Blood which pours
forth from your Most Sacred Heart and Your Most Holy Wounds.
Cleanse me, my Jesus, in the living water that flows from Your
Heart. I ask You to surround me, Lord Jesus, with Your Holy
Light.

Heavenly Father, let the healing waters of my baptism now 

flow back through the maternal and paternal generations to purify
my family line of satan and sin. I come before You, Father,
and ask forgiveness for myself, my relatives, and my ancestors,
for any calling upon powers that set themselves up in opposition
to You or that do not offer true honor to Jesus Christ. In Jesus’
Holy Name, I now reclaim any territory that was hander over to
satan and place it under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.

By the power of Your Holy Spirit, reveal to me, Father, any 

people I need to forgive and any areas of unconfessed sin. Re-
veal aspects of my life that are not pleasing to You, Father, ways
that have given or could give satan a foothold in my life. Father,
I give to You any unforgiveness; I give to You my sins; and I give
to You all ways that satan has a hold of my life. Thank You,
Father for these relevations. Thank You, for Your forgiveness
and Your Love.

Lord Jesus, in Your Holy Name, I bind all evil spirits of the 

air, water, ground, underground, and netherworld. I further bind,
in Jesus’ Name, any and all emissaries of the satanic headquarters
and claim the Precious Blood of Jesus on the air, atmosphere,
water, ground and their fruits around us, the underground and
the netherworld below.

Heavenly Father, allow Your Son Jesus to come now with 

the Holy Spirit, the Blessed Virgin Mary, the holy angels and the
saints to protect me from all harm and to keep all evil spirits
from taking revenge on me in any way.

(Repeat the following sentence three times: once in honor of the
Father, once in honor of the Son, and once in honor of the Holy
Spirit)

In the Holy Name of Jesus, I seal myself, my relatives, this
room (place, home, church, car, plane, etc. …), and all sources
of supply in the Precious Blood of Jesus Christ.

continued…

**---------------------- (paragraph omitted) ------------------------------------

Holy Spirit, please reveal to me through word of knowledge 

any evil spirits that have attached themselves to me in any way.
(Pause and wait for words to come to you, such as: anger,
arrogance, bitterness, brutality, confusion, cruelty, deception,
envy, fear, hatred, insecurity, jealousy, pride, resentment, or
terror. Pray the following for each of the evil spirits revealed.)

In the Name of Jesus, I rebuke you spirit of _______________. 

I command you to go directly to Jesus, without manifestation and
without harm to me or anyone, so that He can dispose of you
according to His Holy Will.

I thank You, Heavenly Father, for Your Love.  I thank You, 

Holy Spirit for empowering me to be aggressive against satan
and evil spirits. I thank you, Jesus, for setting me free. I thank
you, Mary, for interceding for me with the holy angels and the
saints.

Lord Jesus, fill me with charity, compassion, faith, gentleness, 

hope, humility, joy, kindness, light, love, mercy, modesty,
patience, peace, purity, security, serenity, tranquility, trust,
truth, understanding and wisdom. Help me to walk in Your Light
and Truth, illuminated by the Holy Spirit so that together We may
praise, honor and glorify Our Father in time and in eternity. For
You, Lord Jesus, are “… the way, the truth and the life” (John 14:6 NAB)
and You “… have come that we might have life and have it more
abundantly” (John 10:10 JB).

“God indeed is my savior; I am confident and unafraid. My
strength and courage is the Lord, and he has been my savior”
(Isaiah 12:2 JB). Amen. Alleluia. Amen.**

The paragraph that was omitted in this prayer was a section of the prayer where the person or persons reciting the prayer would reject any & all curses, hexes, spells etc. & renounce any & all involvment in the occult or occultic activities (voodoo, tarot card reading, crystals etc.).

If you would like the whole prayer, please send me an IM. :slight_smile:

BTW: The section of the prayer that needs to be said 3 times (also the missing paragraph) is to counter the three times in which a witch or warlock (they hate being called that) places a curse to mock the Holy Trinity.

here’s another shorter version of the St. Michael’s prayer I’ve memorized:

**Prayer to St. Michael

“O Glorious Prince of the heavenly host, St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in the battle and in the terrible warfare that we are waging against the principalities and powers, against the rulers of this world of darkness, against the evil spirits. Come to the aid of man, whom Almighty God created immortal, made in His own image and likeness, and redeemed at a great price from the tyranny of Satan.

“Fight this day the battle of the Lord, together with the holy angels, as already thou hast fought the leader of the proud angels, Lucifer, and his apostate host, who were powerless to resist thee, nor was there place for them any longer in Heaven. That cruel, ancient serpent, who is called the devil or Satan who seduces the whole world, was cast into the abyss with his angels. Behold, this primeval enemy and slayer of men has taken courage. Transformed into an angel of light, he wanders about with all the multitude of wicked spirits, invading the earth in order to blot out the name of God and of His Christ, to seize upon, slay and cast into eternal perdition souls destined for the crown of eternal glory. This wicked dragon pours out, as a most impure flood, the venom of his malice on men of depraved mind and corrupt heart, the spirit of lying, of impiety, of blasphemy, and the pestilent breath of impurity, and of every vice and iniquity.

“These most crafty enemies have filled and inebriated with gall and bitterness the Church, the spouse of the immaculate Lamb, and have laid impious hands on her most sacred possessions. In the Holy Place itself, where the See of Holy Peter and the Chair of Truth has been set up as the light of the world, they have raised the throne of their abominable impiety, with the iniquitous design that when the Pastor has been struck, the sheep may be.

“Arise then, O invincible Prince, bring help against the attacks of the lost spirits to the people of God, and give them the victory. They venerate thee as their protector and patron; in thee holy Church glories as her defense against the malicious power of hell; to thee has God entrusted the souls of men to be established in heavenly beatitude. Oh, pray to the God of peace that He may put Satan under our feet, so far conquered that he may no longer be able to hold men in captivity and harm the Church. Offer our prayers in the sight of the Most High, so that they may quickly find mercy in the sight of the Lord; and vanquishing the dragon, the ancient serpent, who is the devil and Satan, do thou again make him captive in the abyss, that he may no longer seduce the nations. Amen.
V. Behold the Cross of the Lord; be scattered ye hostile powers.
R. The Lion of the tribe of Judah has conquered the root of David.
V. Let Thy mercies be upon us, O Lord.
R. As we have hoped in Thee.
V. O Lord, hear my prayer.
R. And let my cry come unto Thee.

Let us pray.
O God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, we call upon Thy holy Name, and as supplicants, we implore Thy clemency, that by the intercession of Mary, ever Virgin Immaculate and our Mother, and of the glorious St. Michael the Archangel, Thou wouldst deign to help us against Satan and all the other unclean spirits who wander about the world for the injury of the human race and the ruin of souls. Amen.” **

I could tell you a bone chilling story of how this (the version I recite) was used on a cool October night to battle the spirits of darkness that spoke through an old grade school friend of mine. We spent 45 minutes praying for her & the spirits only “calmed down” after I told them that we were going to send for our pastor (who was an excorsists assistant in the Phillipines). My friend actually jumped back at the mention of Fr. Manny’s name. I’ve never seen anything that “heavy” before, that night was an eye opener.

I noticed that you sited H.O.M Ministries, which sells Francis MacNutt’s Deliverance from Evil Spirits. That led me to look for further info on MacNutt:

Obsession with demons and demon possession is one of the characteristics of the radical charismatics- in gatherings known as “deliverance conferences”, thousands of people have demons cast out of them-demons ranging those that cause sneezing attacks or nervous twitches, to those which are the result of satanic ritual abuse. Prominent charismatic Francis Macnutt is a name which comes to mind in this regard. In his book, Deliverance from Evil Spirits, Macnutt puts forth a demonology which borders on the paranoid- perfectly consonant with the deliverance or “prayer warrior” mentality. One gets the impression, after reading the book, that everything unpleasant from a psychological point of view has a demonic origin. (Francis Macnutt, by the way, is an ex-Dominican and ex-Catholic, who founded his own “church”. This, of course, was not demonically inspired.) The more extreme members of the “Charismatic Renewal” have been instrumental in imbuing Catholic minds with what C.S. Lewis referred to as the “unhealthy interest” in the devil’s existence and activities:

"Concern about the presence and power of evil spirits seems to have developed among Catholic charismatics only after the renewal movment had been in existence for several years. This concern may be traced, at least in part, to the influence of the pentecostal Protestants … Others are becoming deeply absorbed in tracts like Michael Harper’s Spiritual Warfare, which describes the tactics to be used in attacking the diabolical enemy. There is now a much greater preoccupation with this phenomenon that there was when the movement began in 1967." (John H. Fichter, S.J., The Catholic Cult of the Paraclete, with a foreward by Donald Gelpi, Sheed and Ward, Inc. New York, NY, pge. 133)

This should not be construed as if I were questioning the existence of the devil and his legions, or their activities in the world.

Quite the contrary; I believe that the exaggerations and the extremes of both the Messalians and the contemporary “Deliverance Movement” lend themselves to the trivialization of the demonic in human affairs, and to a presumptious “prayer warrior” mentality which does not take into consideration the true teaching of the Church with respect to exorcism and demonology.

Incidentally, the devil himself can and often does allow exorcisms to take place, and even encourages such activity when it serves his purposes:

**"The demons have also the following trick. They cry out the names of those whom they know to have none of the merits of holiness and to possess none of the fruits of the spirit. They *pretend to be burnt up by the merits of such people, and to take flight from the bodies of the possessed ***… “Fake Christs, and false prophets will rise up, and they will perform great signs and wonders so that if possible even the chosen will be led into error.” (Mt. 24:24) (St. John Cassian, Conferences, XV, ch.1)

This should give pause to those radical members of the Charismatic Renewal who insist, in the manner of the Messalians, that the “Pentecostal experience” or so called “Baptism in the Holy Spirit”, carried out by the laying on of hands by an “anointed” or “charismatic” prophet is essential for true liberation or deliverance from demons. Today, such a thing can be witnessed at the so called deliverance conferences, in which hyper-energized “evangelists” shout at and cajole the omnipresent demons they believe are haunting their congregations.

:hmmm: WHAT SPIRIT IS THIS?

Wow that is awesome does it really work, I just tried it all those evil spirits will neve rcome and visit me again. :smiley: What also works good against evil spirits is if you get a black virgin cats hair and you combine it with tiger claws and heat exactly at 130 degrees :wink: with some bean stew while rubbing your tummy and your head at the same time while uttering this words: “AWAY AWAY you dummy devils, for trix is for kids”. :stuck_out_tongue:

To pray in Jesus Christ name is the only way we could cast evil spirits. Jesus Christ gave us the authority to cast out demons by commanding the devils using the His holy name.
The Bible has a definite position about this case, so I suggest you to google about what the Bible says about evil spirit possession and what to do about it.
In addition, I went to see the Dead Sea Scrolls exhbition here at San Diego, and I learned that the Psalms was used by the Hebrew people for protection from evil spirits. They read the Psalms to fight evil spirits.

Pax

Consult a priest and say the Prayer to St. Michael. That is really all you need.

I grew up Charismatic, and have seen all forms thereof. I can testify that we aren’t “demon obsessed”, altho’ there are certain groups who are, indeed, demon obsessed.

Anti-Catholicism is also common in my church, but I strive to prove that the Catholic Church is, indeed, annointed by God, just as we are.

These demons are driven out (not all the time, so you need to be prayed for by an annointed person, and not some phony).

For example, the greatest Charismatic evangelist is Benny Hinn. He is truly annointed by God to proclaim the Gospel, and send Jesus’ healing message to the world.

I’ve been to one of his meetings; the Holy Spirit’s presence is so thick, you can touch it!

Benny grew up in a Catholic school, and is friends with the Pope, and all Catholics. He supports the Catholic Church 100%!!

He’s not some phony who’s demon obsessed, I assure you. He only drives out demons when the Holy Spirit reveals them to him.

He preaches the Gospel (as Jesus commanded us to do), and he asks the Holy Spirit to do His part - heal the sick.

God bless.

PS: Can’t wait to be officially Catholic!:slight_smile:

Thank you for your responses so far, I have commenced my own way of dispelling the evil that surrounds us today. Working with Jesus I have cast out several spells that we created. The smell of vomit, foot odor have confirmed that spells are being lifted.

I speak with Jesus everyday, he will return as promised, but he understands that evil still existences and that part of everyday living now is dispelling evil that has been created.

Just out of curioisty, could you tell us how this whole situation came about?

Saint Michael and Saint Benedict are very powerful prayers and can be implemented daily, even, to help people on their journey.

Now, that was my statement to get me in the conversation…

The real reason I wanted to post, though, was to just say: be careful with this stuff. I used to be a very Charismatic Catholic and was (I thought) blessed with several Gifts… but then I had an encounter with evil all too real, and realized, ‘Hey, the Church instituted rules and advice in regard to exorcism and black magic for a reason…’

Yeah, it’s fun to think that, because we have Jesus on our side, no evil can do anything more than distract us… unfortunately, sometimes our focus on Jesus is lost and we’ve opened our spirit to all sorts of things Otherworldly.

God bless.

Excellent point. We have to remember that the power to drive out demons was given to the Apostles, and passed down to priests through their local ordinary, the bishop. Exorcisms are dangerous enough for priests, and especially those who do not have the approval and prayers of the bishop, never mind the laity.

MB, you’ve echoed a thing I’ve smacked my head against too. My community lives in a real crossfire of outright Satanism, witchcraft, Freemasonry, Pentecostalism, Charismatic Catholicism, spiritism, fortunetelling… you name it, it’s within a 10 minute drive. It’s the town where Benny Hinn grew up and got his start. :rolleyes: I know too many people who’ll put anything in their mouths, and I’m constantly telling them to spit that out! It’s like, if it’s weird, they have to try it. I’ve had people come to me scared and in tears, too – I teach them the rosary and send them off to RCIA. If it’s any help to you. read through this website: Catholic Reason. I’d appreciate a little sane company. :blush:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.