'Black mass' cancelled as hundreds join in Eucharistic adoration at Harvard [CWN]

A black mass that was to take place on the campus of Harvard University on May 12 was cancelled just hours before the scheduled event. But a Catholic church near Harvard Square was packed …

More…

So happy that this was posted. I saw it this morning and have been thankful all day. Not only was there a huge crowd for Adoration, but many parishes across the country are having Adorations today in response. Praise be to God!!

Check photos :slight_smile: forums.catholic.com/showpost.php?p=11987413&postcount=32

I liked the commentary…
catholicculture.org/commentary/the-city-gates.cfm?id=802

“We didn’t merely win a battle in the spiritual combat; we launched an offensive.”

While I’d rather the attempt at mockery didn’t take place to begin with, look at what it did! This is an example of how Catholics should respond. :slight_smile:

… by demonstrating that freedom of religion is trumped by peoples’ right not to be offended. At least as long as those feeling offended outnumber the religion in question. :thumbsup:

They responded peacefully by doing their own thing! There was nothing hateful or threatening about what those Catholics did. Those protesting that silly mockery of a Catholic Mass were not just Catholics! There were many people offended that weren’t Catholic. :thumbsup:

I am a Cameroonian, presently in Cameroon.Yet I felt so united with the Catholics of Boston yesterday.Only the Eucharist can have such an effect on Christians to make us pray for each other and stand for each other.The Eucharist won this Battle.The Devil is a liar and bad looser!! Christ won once more!! I am so proud to be Catholic today!:slight_smile:

Do you believe that freedom of religion allows men to trample the dignity of other men and to commit inhuman acts?

Such acts do not fall under the “freedom” umbrella. There is no freedom of evildoing. There is only freedom in doing good.

A civilized society cannot possibly tolerate the “freedom” to objectify and utilize the body of a woman as an instrument, or the “freedom” to insult what billions have held and hold most sacred and for which they have even laid down their lives. A civilized society does not allow a few to scandalize and insult a majority any more that she allows a majority to step over a minority.

The civilized world has condemned Nazi Arianism not because the Hebrews feeling offended by this pseudo-religion outnumbered their followers, but because mankind itself was offended by it.

Moral principles do not depend on a majority vote. Wrong is wrong, even if everybody is wrong. Right is right, even if nobody is right.

Truth is truth, regardless if everybody, only some people, or even nobody believes it.

Moral relativism teaches that you may choose to believe that a pickup truck is a dandelion, but like it or not, the flower is still a Chevy.

• Ven. Fulton Sheen

Thanks Be to God, and all the faithful.

A short video from the archdiocese of Boson: YouTube

Praise God!

St. Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the Devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do thou,
O Prince of the heavenly hosts,
by the power of God,
thrust into hell Satan,
and all the evil spirits,
who prowl about the world
seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

While I am a STAUNCH supporter of the right of Americans to practice their religion freely (whatever it may be); THIS has to be the one exception.

This religion is evil, and they openly admit that they are evil.

Evil cannot be allowed to flourish.

Glory to God!

Thanks for your intercessions: St Joseph, Terror or Deamonds … Arch Angel St. Michale … And Arch Angel St Raphael!!!

Whose religion was offended? According to the organizers, they were atheists. Are you saying atheism is a religion?

I am very happy that the event did not take place at Harvard but I am saddened by the fact that it did take place on the 2nd floor of a restaurant in the area.

Ouch. :smiley: I will remember this…

The organizer of the event said the black mass was “a symbolic revolt against arbitrary authority, not a focused assault upon the Catholic faith.”

Further, he said “the black mass has no supernatural implications for us; it’s simply a declaration of personal independence for the participants”… “as such, we had no need for a consecrated host, as we don’t subscribe to the infantile notion of magical bread.”

Because the ‘sticking it to the man’ raison d’etre that smacks of angsty adolescence is so mature and profound. :rolleyes:

DATECHGUYBLOG.com has amazing coverage of the entire evening, along with interviews and videos of the service at MIT and the Adoration at St. Paul’s (?) at Harvard. It looks like there was an amazing turn-out and seems so peace filled. I wish I could have been there!

IOW had nothing to do with an attack on freedom of religion.

[quote=Dr.Taffy]This is an example of how Catholics should respond.
… by demonstrating that freedom of religion is trumped by peoples’ right not to be offended. At least as long as those feeling offended outnumber the religion in question.
[/quote]

Based on what I read, they are mainly defined by what they are against, but it doesn’t seem like they can decide if they are a serious activist group or not. They pretty much cover their bases by simultaneously taking themselves too seriously (they are ridding the world of irrationality, superstition, and cultism) and acting like they really don’t care (they are just have fun mocking organized religion.) Whee…

Thank you very much, SenninCathic for your solidarity with the Boston Catholics. I was at the Holy Hour last night. It was breath takingly beautiful. May God bless you abundantly. Praise God, His Most Holy Mother, all the angels and Saints for the cancellation.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.