Blade Runner Sequel Possibility

guardian.co.uk/film/2012/may/18/ridley-scott-reunited-blade-runner-writer

Any others fans excited? I love Ridley Scott’s films and we be glad for this. :smiley:

I don’t know. Hollywood has a bad habit of making bad sequels, the last thing I would want is a classic like Blade Runner being marred by an awful sequel.

I saw Blade Runner the day it came out… it is one of my favorite films, ever.

It would be interesting to see what the timeline a few years later would bring.

Blade Runner is my favorite sci-fi film. Since Ridley Scott is involved, and since he had supposedly intended to make sequels in the first place, I’m definitely looking forward to this one!

I hope not. I love scifi but the only good part of this movie is the end when the cyborg lets Harrison Ford live. That’s it. Some of the imagery is interesting but I can watch lots of other movies for that.

Good point

Im a Star Trek/Star Wars fan since the 70s its interesting to see how intergration of todays technoligy and movie making influences scify technology .

For example if you watch the old Star Treks with Kirk the monsters look rediculous and the digital numeric device have flip down numbers instead of led electronics.

I used to have one of those flipping number alarm clocks you could hear the number flip when the numbers changed lol

LOL! yeah… the coolest the 70’s could get with that was the LED readout in the space craft year chronometer in the beginning of the Planet of the Apes :slight_smile:

Gotta love how Sci-Fi and hard science interact.

I can’t believe any Catholic would watch/like to watch Blade Runner. I have not seen it, but here is the review from Common Sense Media," BLADE RUNNER is at times a very violent film with graphic and slow-motion depictions of people being shot in the head and chest multiple times. The last 20 minutes of the film are particularly violent. There are two instances where sex is implied. The main character witnesses (implied) bestiality in a strip club. There is brief nudity when one of the strippers showers. Drug and alcohol use is at a minimum; however, there is some drinking and smoking by the principal characters."

Maybe you should read Philip K Dick’s Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? (the book the movie is based on), instead.

When you watch it you will then be able to offer your own views as to why you think it is not worth watching. The review is fairly accurate but I could reduce the the Bible to a quite blood-curdling and nasty work using such ‘truth, for a given value of truth’ style of reviewing as that.

You neglect to mention the same site rates it a 4 out of 5 in terms of quality which their site categorizes as “Really good!” :rolleyes:

I know I’m in the minority but I think Blade Runner is terrible. Harrison Ford is wooden, the villan is cartoonish, the pacing is epically slow. Honestly I think its both bad sci-fi and bad noir. That being said, for those who like it and consider it a classic I’m happy a sequel is in the works.

Absolutely! Philip K. Dick is also one of my favorite fiction writers. His works are typically not translated well (in my opinion) to the big screen. I do feel in Scott’s capable hands a sequel would be wonderful.
:slight_smile:

I’m not looking forward to the remake of Total Recall… I liked the Arnie original though. Actually thought it was a great adaptation of essentially a one scene short story(the Rekall scene).

Goodness, a Blader Runner sequel. Maybe I’ll fall asleep the way I did during the original.

After being told over and over again how great Blade Runner was, I finally rented it on VHS and promptly fell asleep during it. My friend who was such a great proponent told me the problem was I that I had rented the version with the Harrison Ford voice-over. Ultimately I don’t think that was the problem. It was just boring!

Hard to upstage Rutger Hauer as a villain

it was nice to see him in Batman Begins…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.