Blasted Ovaries: The Failure of Contraceptive Vaccines

Blasted Ovaries: The Failure of Contraceptive Vaccines

A leading medical researcher recently abandoned thirty years of contraceptive vaccine research because she found that the female body refused to attack its own reproduction. Science once again affirms the incorrigible strength of the female physical design.
Be it in rural China, the African bush, or the metropolitan West, women’s bodies are daily barraged with a plethora of attacks on their reproductive functions. Pills, patches, surgical inserts, foaming tablets all essay to stop the woman’s system from its most integral work, continuing its kind. These contraceptives, however, invade the woman with a foreign material that aborts the natural reproductive process. What Dr. Bonnie Dunbar hoped to develop was a vaccine that would trick the female immune system into fighting reproductive cells as if they were a virus. Dr. Dunbar’s vaccine was an insidious attempt to make the body treat pregnancy as a disease.
The motivation behind her contraceptive research was, not surprisingly, population control. “I spent over 20 years developing vaccines, contraceptive vaccines,” Dr. Dunbar explained, “because in my young years I had a vision that maybe we could help the world population problem and provide women with an option for birth control that was not invasive in our hormones or our systems or otherwise have the side effects we now see with a lot of contraceptive methods.” Presumably, she hoped that the vaccine’s immunity to pregnancy would last several years at least and thereby prove a more effective population control in developing nations than the pill or other short term contraceptive methods.

more…

Way to go women!!:thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.