"Blazing Saddles" star Gene Wilder dead at 83

NEW YORK – Gene Wilder, the star of such comedy classics as “Young Frankenstein” and “Blazing Saddles,” has died. He was 83.

Wilder’s nephew said Monday that the actor and writer died earlier this month in Stamford, Connecticut from complications from Alzheimer’s disease. The exact date of his passing was not specified.

cbsnews.com/news/blazing-saddles-star-gene-wilder-dead-at-83/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab7e&linkId=28171277

RIP Willy Wonka

youtube.com/watch?v=r2pt2-F2j2g

R.I.P. A lovely and talented man.

The first movie I saw him in was “Bonnie and Clyde” in which he stole the scene as a hostage from a bank robbery.

One of his overlooked films that I liked very much was “The Frisco Kid” with Harrison Ford. Delightfully funny yet a meaningful look at faith in action.

And of course, “Young Frahnkensteen” :wink:. So funny on so many levels. May he rest in peace. :crossrc:

RIP to Gene Wilder.

He was brilliantly funny. I really enjoyed his work. He will be missed. May he rest in peace.

I’m really sad to hear this. I’ve always loved him in any role I see him in… May the Lord have mercy on his soul and welcome him into His kingdom.

May he rest in peace, Oh Lord
And may perpetual light shine upon him.

Ed

RIP Candy Man. Truly one of the great comedic minds of the last half century.

“That’s Frankensteen!”

:thumbsup:

A great actor, he will be missed.

Praying for the repose of his soul & for his family.

My mom was sad when she heard about it on the radio. Shame. I’ll say an Ave for him.

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory was one of the very first films I saw at a movie theater. I must have been 4 or 5, and a it was a re-release.

I loved the candy land where Augustus fell into chocolate river. I remember being scandalized that the children were not paying attention to the rules.

I also really liked Young Frankenstein. Too many funny lines.

May he rest in peace.

And not just comedies. The Lady in Question is very good. I haven’t seen his other Cash Carter movie Murder in a Small Town.

Sad news. One of my favorite 70’s-era film comedians. We’ll miss you down here, Mr. Wilder.

I recall he wasn’t too happy about the remake of ‘Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory’. I make a point of watching the original film once a year with my son. It was the first movie I remember seeing in the theater.

Let’s all be happy he made it to 83, and had such a long and productive career.

pbs.twimg.com/media/CrGkKxxXgAAcamV.jpg

“Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple”

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.