'May my
life be a continual prayer, one long act of love. May nothing
be able to distract me from you …]. I would like so much,
O my Master, to live with you in silence. But what I love above
all is to do your will, and since you still want me to be in the
world. I submit with all my heart for love of you. I offer to you
the cell of my heart; may it be your little Bethany, come to
rest there, I love you so".

In a letter written just a few weeks before her death in the year 1906, a young Carmelite nun declared to a friend: "My beloved Antoinette, I leave you my faith in the presence of God, of the God who is all Love dwelling in our souls. I confide to you: it is this intimacy with Him ‘within’ that has been the beautiful sun illuminating my life, making it already an anticipated Heaven: it is what sustains me today in my suffering.’ This young nun, Blessed Elizabeth of the Trinity, has since been given such titles as “the prophet of the presence of God,”“the saint of the divine indwelling,” or “the saint of one idea,” because of her strong experience of the indwelling of God in her soul. Even the Catechism of the Catholic Church cites a prayer that she composed and addressed to the Trinity whom she knew dwelled in her soul. The Catechism cites Blessed Elizabeth’s prayer to illustrate the truth that “Even’ now we are called to be a dwelling for the Most Holy Trinity”: 'If a man loves me,“says the Lord, “he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him, and make our home with him.” (Jn 14,23)”**

helpfellowship.org/Blessed_Elizabeth_of_the_Trinity.htm

I love this Saints simplicity in knowing our indwelling God. I would like to hear of your thoughts on her writings and about your experience of God indwelling your soul.

In the Living Prayer of my life.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.