Blessed in heaven

some body asked me a question about the blessed in heaven.His question was whether lay men and women could have a place among the seraphims, or is this place reserved for bishops religious and priests.

Lay people can certainly go to heaven. I’m not sure what you mean by “among the seraphim.” We don’t know exactly how God arranges things in heaven, but we do know that when we reach heaven we will be supremely happy.

But as it is written: “What eye has not seen, and ear has not heard, and what has not entered the human heart, what God has prepared for those who love him,” … (1 Corinthians 2:9)

The highest perfection consists not in interior favors or in great raptures or in visions, or in the spirit of prophecy, but in the bringing of our wills so closely in conformity with the will of God that, as soon as we realize that He wills anything, we desire it ourselves with all our might, and take the bitter with the sweet, knowing that to be His Majesty’s will.
— Teresa of Avila

Our union God in Heaven depends on our union with Him in life, ultimately in the reception of Holy Communion, for every time we receive God, our union with Him is increased in Heaven and on Earth.

“Seraphim” are the highest Choir… among the 9 choirs of angels. In Catholic tradition… the function of the 3 highest choirs of angels… that is Seraphim, Cherubim and Thrones… is to adore God with a burning love. They surround His Throne and adore Him continuously.

When a human being dies, and goes to Heaven… they become a “Saint”… not an angel. This includes bishops, priests and religious. No human being becomes an “angel”… after death. So… since human beings do not become angels… in Heaven… logically speaking (in human terms… of course) the answer to your question would be “No”.

However, as another poster observed… human beings certainly don’t know how God has arranged things, in Heaven. We won’t know, till we get there. And even then, may not fully understand. But there are many, many canonized saints… who were regular Lay people… during earthly life. Sanctity is not just for priests, nuns and bishops. It is for ALL of us. God wants ALL of us… to be holy; so that we can dwell with Him in Heaven, one day.

I don’t know if this answers your question. But I hope so. God bless.

When I Read Saint Faustina’s Book On Divine Mercy,jesus Showed Her,her Place In Heaven And It Was Veiled Until She Gets There, And She Said She Was Goinr To Be Among The Seraphim.

Well… none of us knows the location God will place us, in Heaven; I’m not questioning that. But St. Faustina herself, didn’t become a Seraph, after death. Because humans don’t “become” angels, in Heaven. A human, canonized by the Catholic Church… is known as a “saint”.

Angels are a seperate and higher type of creature than Man. They were all created, before time began. At some point, they were given a choice… between good and evil. The good angels… stayed with God… and serve Him. The bad angels, including the devil… fell from friendship with God and became demons. They will be in hell, forever.

This is what the Catechism of the Catholic Church (CCC) says, regarding angels:

(329) … “Angel” is the name of their office, not of their nature. If you seek the name of their nature, it is ‘spirit’; if you seek the name of their office, it is ‘angel’: from what they are, ‘spirit’, from what they do ‘angel.’" With their whole beings the angels are servants and messengers of God. Because they “always behold the Face of My Father Who is in Heaven” they are the “mighty ones who do His word, hearkening to the Voice of His word.”

(330) As purely spiritual creatures angels have intelligence and will: they are personal and immortal creatures, as the splendor of their glory bears witness.

And regarding Man:

(356) Of all visible creatures only man is “able to know and love his Creator”. He is “the only creature on earth that God has willed for its own sake,” and he alone is called to share, by knowledge and love, in God’s own life. It was for this end that he was created, and this is the fundemental reason for his dignity:

What made You establish man in so great a dignity? Certainly the incalculable love by which You have looked on Your creature in Yourself! You are taken with love for her; for by love indeed You created her, by love You have given her a being capable of tasting Your eternal Good.

It’s a lot to try to absorb. But thankfully, the Church does that FOR us. And lays it all out, in the Catechism of the Catholic Church.

God bless.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.