Blessed Medal

I have ordered the Medal of our Lady of Akita a few days ago.
newlifejm.net/catego_akita_medal2.html
According to the website, "This medal and the handcrafted model has the prayer and blessing of Sr.Agnes Sasagawa, Fr.Yasuda."
It was not "Sold Out" when I order it, so I'm thinking since I was the last customer of this, I better take it seriously.

I have not been baptised Catholic yet because of the current situation I have with the government, Malay royalty (Me myself a Malay), religious police and others. I can't even call the church in my parish and other parish.
Is it okay for un-baptised person to use the medal?

Another question is how do you use the medal?

:blessyou:

[quote="akka, post:1, topic:296519"]
According to the website, "This medal and the handcrafted model has the prayer and blessing of Sr.Agnes Sasagawa, Fr.Yasuda."
It was not "Sold Out" when I order it, so I'm thinking since I was the last customer of this, I better take it seriously.

I have not been baptised Catholic yet because of the current situation I have with the government, Malay royalty (Me myself a Malay), religious police and others. I can't even call the church in my parish and other parish.

[/quote]

Of course you can use the medal.

Let the medal be a reminder to you of God's loving care of you, and how we should love Him.

[/quote]

I asked this question of my priest when I was just starting to go to church, he told me it was alright to use it. I wish you luck in becoming a Catholic, and I am sure god will watch over you :)

I have not been baptised Catholic yet because of the current situation I have ...] I can't even call the church in my parish and other parish.

[/quote]

With regards to Baptism, according to the Catechism:

1256 ...] In case of necessity, anyone, even a non-baptized person, with the required intention, can baptize , by using the Trinitarian baptismal formula. The intention required is to will to do what the Church does when she baptizes.

1284 In case of necessity, any person can baptize provided that he have the intention of doing that which the Church does and provided that he pours water on the candidate's head while saying: "I baptize you in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit."

From the Code of Canon Law:

861 §1 The ordinary minister of baptism is a Bishop, a priest or a deacon, without prejudice to the provision of can. 530, n. 1.

§2 If the ordinary minister is absent or impeded, a catechist or some other person deputed to this office by the local Ordinary, may lawfully confer baptism; indeed, in a case of necessity, any person who has the requisite intention may do so. Pastors of souls, especially parish priests, are to be diligent in ensuring that Christ's faithful are taught the correct way to baptise.

Can. 862 Except in a case of necessity, it is unlawful for anyone without due permission to confer baptism outside his own territory, not even upon his own subjects.

Other helpful quotes on this topic:

"One who, in case of necessity, has been baptized with private baptism should afterwards be brought to the Church to have the ceremonies of solemn baptism completed, because these ceremonies are commanded by the Church and bring down blessings upon us." (Baltimore Catechism, l. 14. q. 648)

That adults may worthily receive baptism:

They must be willing to receive it;
    They must have faith in Christ;
    They must have true sorrow for their sins, and
    They must solemnly renounce the devil and all his works; that is, all sin.

(Baltimore Catechism, l. 14. q. 668)

Thank you all for the answer.

The original Our Lady of Akita medal is in fact sold out. I had some made of a similar design and am giving them away for free.

A photo is at the following link: akitamessage.weebly.com/uploads/2/2/8/5/22853622/1315544_orig.jpg

If interested, please send your name/address to: [email]akitamessage@aol.com[/email] and I'll send you one shortly.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.