Blessed Pius IX

Blessed Pius IX is a wonderful friend. There is nothing that I have ever asked his help for that I have not received. I am so grateful to Blessed Pius IX for all that he has done for me and I have really wanted to do something for him to show my gratitude.

Yesterday, I discovered that there is no novena to Blessed Pius IX. So using a couple of novenas to other saints as models and a brief biography of Pius IX, I have “written” a novena for him. Then I realized that I really want to share this with everyone so that they can all learn what a wonderful patron Blessed Pius IX is.

Because this novena is unapproved it is suitable only for private devotions. How one would go about getting a novena approved, I have no idea.

Here is my novena for Blessed Pius IX, please let me know how things turn out for you when you apply to Blessed Pius IX for help:

Novena to Blessed Pius IX

Glorious Blessed Pius IX, sublime model of virtue, pure vessel of God’s grace, and Holy Father of the Church! Behold me humbly kneeling at your feet. I implore you in your loving kindness to pray for me before the throne of God. To you I have recourse in the dangers that daily surround me. Shield me against my selfishness and my indifference to God and to my neighbor. Inspire me to imitate you in all things. May your blessing be with me always, so that I may see and serve Christ in others, defend His Church and work for His kingdom.

Graciously obtain for me from God those favors and graces which I need so much in the trials, miseries and afflictions of life. You defended our holy Mother, the Church in the face of great heresies. You declared Our Lady to be Immaculately Conceived. You freed those imprisoned for political crimes. Your heart was always full of love, compassion and mercy toward priests and missionaries.

I therefore invoke your powerful intercession, confident in the hope that you will hear my prayers and obtain for me the special grace and favor I earnestly implore.

{mention your petition}

Help me, Holy Father Blessed Pius IX, to live and die as a faithful child of God and an obedient servant of the Church, to run in the sweetness of His loving will, and to attain the eternal happiness of heaven.

I promise, O Blessed Pius IX, to be ever mindful of this great favor granted me by God and to always honor you as my special and powerful patron, and to gratefully encourage devotion to you.

Amen.

May the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus be adored,
and loved in all the tabernacles until the end of time.

Amen.

May the most Sacred Heart of Jesus
be praised and glorified now and forever.

Amen

Blessed Pius IX pray for us and hear our prayers.

Amen.

Blessed be the Sacred Heart of Jesus
Blessed be the Immaculate Heart of Mary
Blessed be Blessed Pius IX
in all the world and for all Eternity.

(When finishing this prayer, recite the following prayers three times…)
Our Father…

Hail Mary…

Glory Be . . .

I am thinking you’d have to contact the USCCB, but other than that I would ask your parish priest

Tobinator:

Thanks. Someone else mentioned an imprimatur or nihil obstat, so I was thinking about contacting the Cardinal. I never thought of the USCCB.

You should first work through your Diocesan Bishop.

Francis Cardinal George is my Diocesan Bishop. It being the Archdiocese of Chicago. Though I am sure he will pass it on to his appropriate department.

eventually if it does get approved an imprimatur and or Nihil Obstat will be on it, but it has to come from Bishops or higher up. All Catholic books or reading material and Novenas and such carry Imprimatur and or Nihil Obstat. I do have some issues with USCCB, so if you can contact the Cardinal it would be a better benefit.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.