Blessed Sacrament broken/torn

yesterday, when i went in to visit the Blessed Sacrament, i saw that It was torn. this was the first time i saw it that way.

is it ok for it to be torn and exposed?

[quote="pink8888, post:1, topic:306619"]
yesterday, when i went in to visit the Blessed Sacrament, i saw that It was torn. this was the first time i saw it that way.

is it ok for it to be torn and exposed?

[/quote]

It could be one of many reasons. Someone may have cleaned the Monstrance and it happened then. No telling. Just make it known to the priest there. He will deal with it and answer any questions.

God bless you for spending time with Our Lord ! :)

thanks for your reply. i wanted to tell the priest about it yesterday but did not do so since i figured that he must have known about it already since they are the ones who handle the Blessed Sacrament everyday.

when i went today, it looked fine already

i just want to know if it is okay for it to be torn and yet exposed.

[quote="pink8888, post:3, topic:306619"]
thanks for your reply. i wanted to tell the priest about it yesterday but did not do so since i figured that he must have known about it already since they are the ones who handle the Blessed Sacrament everyday.

when i went today, it looked fine already

i just want to know if it is okay for it to be torn and yet exposed.

[/quote]

Remember that the Blessed Eucharist is the whole soul blood and divinity of the Lord Jesus, even if it missing a little bit, whatever remains of it the all of Him is still present.
That is another phylosophical and theological mistery.
It only appeals to our sense of completeness and wholeness but truly there is nothing missing or incomplete from God's point of view.

Personally, I'm more concerned about where the other piece is.

it’s still there. it’s just that it was torn almost in half

[quote="pink8888, post:6, topic:306619"]
it's still there. it's just that it was torn almost in half

[/quote]

Are the hosts that go in your parish's monstrance larger than regular hosts used at Mass? If so, there probably wasn't another consecrated host to replace the broken one until after your priest said Mass again.

The host in the monstrance must be consecrated (or it is just bread) and when the damage happened, the priest may not have been able to say another Mass. Or, because the Blessed Sacrament is still Jesus even if it is broken or 'torn', he may have just waited until the next regularly scheduled Mass to consecrate another.

It is wonderful that you are going to Adoration regularly! It sounds like your priest(s) are taking care of everything and you have no need to worry. :)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.