Blessed Sacrament placed in the Altar of Repose

Brothers and Sisters,

In Churches all over the world the Blessed Sacrament has been moved to the Altar of Repose (or in other time zones will be moved later) Jesus is now resting in the Altar of Repose- here the picture of my one- which I prepared in my parish chapel and where Our Lord is now present, people will be visiting and watching there until 12pm where night compline will take place (a few minutes before).

We had the most beautiful Mass and Ceremonies this evening, procession with the Blessed Sacrament etc. I was the Thurifer, love it!  I wanted to share this with you, I posted a pic of the Altar all ready and set up earlier- now it is containing Our Lord and lit with candle light it looks even nicer and is so so special to me!  I should have stayed until 12pm but I have been preparing the Church all day and was there again at 6.30pm until about 10.15pm so I have done a little bit!

We used are martyrs chapels or the alter of repose

: In nomine Patris, + et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen.
Introibo ad altare Dei. R: Ad deum qui laetificat juventutem meam.

Fraz,

You don’t know me from a can of paint, but I’ve followed your posts on making this sacred space, and I’m proud to know you, friend. You did a great job.

Bless you! Thanks so much it means a lot!

Indeed, he does a great job :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.