Blessed Sacrament

Exerpt from Magnificat

Fri June 4
*When I am before the Blessed Sacrament I feel such a lively faith that I can’t describe it. Christ in the Eucharist is almost tangible to me…When it’s time for me to leave, I have to tear myself away from his sacred presence. * Saint Anthony Mary Claret

Have you ever had this feeling?

I have also had this feeling myself, on more than one occasion.

This reminded me of J. R. R. Tolkien’s love of the Blessed Sacrament from J. R. R. Tolkien’s Sanctifying Myth:

For Tolkien, nothing represented a greater gift from God than the actual Body and Blood of Christ. “I put before you the one great thing to love on earth: the Blessed Sacrament,” Tolkien wrote to his son Michael. “There you will find romance, glory, honor, fidelity and the true way of all your loves upon earth.”

Tolkien once experienced a holy vision while praying before the Blessed Sacrament. “I perceived or thought of the Light of God and in it suspended one small mote (or millions of motes to only one of which was my small mind directed), glittering white because of the individual ray from the Light which both held.”

Tolkien also witnessed his guardian angel in the vision, not as a go-between but as the personalization of “God’s very attention.”

Truly, if people only knew the incredible, ineffable beauty of the Blessed Sacrament, they’d drop all contrary beliefs and give up their worldly ideas to have one moment’s experience of it.

Blessed Sacrament

Exerpt from Magnificat

Fri June 4
When I am before the Blessed Sacrament I feel such a lively faith that I can’t describe it. Christ in the Eucharist is almost tangible to me…When it’s time for me to leave, I have to tear myself away from his sacred presence. Saint Anthony Mary Claret

Have you ever had this feeling?

I have also had this feeling myself, on more than one occasion.

Just take Him with you!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.