Blessings by Episcopalian for Same Sex Union

Episcopal Church approves same-sex blessing serviceBy Michael Pearson, CNN
updated 9:30 PM EDT, Tue July 10, 2012

cnn.com/2012/07/10/us/episcopal-same-sex-unions/index.html

CNN) – Episcopal priests will be allowed to conduct services blessing same-sex relationships under a policy approved Tuesday at the church’s national convention in Indianapolis.

The convention’s House of Bishops approved the provisional policy 111-41 with three abstentions Monday, clearing it for consideration by the House of Deputies, which approved it Tuesday evening.

The policy was approved in the House of Deputies, following more than an hour of debate, by 78% of the voting lay members and by 76% of clergy.

Can ‘true Catholics’ favor same-sex marriage?

What will this do to Episcopalians in general and what will homosexuals believe they can do to change the OHCAC

Homosexuals can believe whatever they want to believe they can do the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church; the Holy Spirit will protect it and the gates of Hell shall not prevail. We love the sinner and rebuke the sin, and if anyone wants anything more then Christ isn’t for them, so to speak.

This what happens when the clearance to use contraceptives gets its way. :shrug:

MJ

I don’t know why something that happens in the Episcopalian church affects what the Catholic Church does. While secularists may point to that and say, “hey, they did it, so should you,” we know that is not the case. If Canada enacts a law, should the US enact the same law just because Canada did it?

Carefree,

If we believe that all Christians in the OHCAC are those baptized in the trinitarian formula and that those that are separated are ecclesial bodies then this ecclesial body is doing something that is not in accord with as you say what Christ wants.

Martin,

Are you saying that sin begets sin?

Constantine,

It is the same issue I raised earlier…Christians, baptized and separated are not like the US and Canada are they…the US does not say that Canada is a separated body but is separate. There is a difference.

It’s not surprising, the Episcopal church has gone from ‘The Republican Party at Prayer’ to…whatever it is now, in 50 years.

Well a mixture of that and the old adage “give them an inch and they’ll take a mile”. :frowning:

MJ

Rob,

Are you saying that the Episcopalian situation is getting worse?

They certainly seem to have drifted further and further into moral relativism, along with the rest of Western culture. There are whole Anglican parishes that have left their regular Episcopal dioceses and placed themselves under the jurisdiction of more orthodox bishops.

Well, we are all part of the North American continent. And as the monument at the Peace Arch border crossing says, “children of a common mother.” There is plenty the same about Canada and the US, but we are two separate jurisdictions nonetheless. Much like the Episcopalians and the Catholics. I mean, why stop there, what about the Orthodox?

Constantine,

North America includes US, Canada and Mexico.

This is the natural progression of Protestantism plain and simple…
…If I’m not mistaken the Lutheran and Methodists also ordain Buggerite clergy and bless same sex union.
…If the world lasts long eventually we will see so called Christian clergy marry a man & a sheep.

The whole thing is very sad.

What does this mean…“same sex blessing”?
Is that performing a marriage?
This Christian church feels differently than the catholic church, obviously, about same-sex couples and how “sin” is defined.

Pythons,

Tone it down some…

Daddy,

What does this mean? Read the article…you tell me

This Christian Church does feel differently than the Catholic Church, obviously, 41 dissented…there was not a unanimous agreement…yes you are correct.

The convention’s House of Bishops approved the provisional policy 111-41 with three abstentions Monday, clearing it for consideration by the House of Deputies, which approved it Tuesday evening.

The policy was approved in the House of Deputies, following more than an hour of debate, by 78% of the voting lay members and by 76% of clergy.

I never said Mexico wasn’t part of it. What is your point?

This is absolutely horrific - can you imagine what someone of a non-Christian Faith Tradition thinks…
…When they see someone dressed like a Priest pronounce Fred and Bob man & wife.
…This attacks the Body of Christ like nothing I’ve ever witnessed.

Geography.:cool:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.