Blood Moons

Several evangelical ministries teach that four lunar eclipses in 2014-2015 that occur during two different Jewish festivals along with two solar eclipses could mean that biblical prophecies could be in store for the world. The idea comes from the prophecy in Joel 2:31 of the sun being darkened and the moon turning red before the second coming might refer to the solar and lunar eclipses.
A lunar eclipse happens only during a full moon, when the moon’s orbit places it on the opposite side of the earth from the sun. Most of the time the moon is above or below direct alignment with the earth and the sun, sometimes it is aligned where the Earth’s shadow is cast over the moon, either completely in total eclipse or part of it. A solar eclipse occurs only at the invisible new moon, when the moon is between the earth and the sun is in direct alignment.
In a lunar eclipse, light from the sun passing around the earth is filtered through the earth’s atmosphere as it moves toward the moon. The different color of the moon comes when different colors are filtered through a light spectrum. This process of a light spectrum is similar to a rainbow. The moon appears red because more red light is filtered than any other color. The term “blood moon” comes from the copper or reddish-colored appearance of the moon during lunar eclipses. Depending on the atmosphere the eclipsed moon can be in many different colors. It is no way to tell if any of future blood moons will appear to be red.
Lunar eclipses happen often. There was 229 in the last century 81 of them were complete eclipses. In trying to find some meaning people say they occur only once in a while to prove that the world has changed since the last time we had a blood moon. A tetrad is a series of four total lunar eclipses that happen within two years. Jewish people still celebrate the feast of Passover and Tabernacles.
The tetrad seems to have a meaning until you think that the modern Jewish feasts always occur at the time of a full moon. It is very rare that a feast falls on the day of a blood moon. Just because the feasts of Passover and Tabernacles or exactly 6 months apart does not mean that they have anything to do with a lunar eclipse happening six months apart.
The first blood moon took place this year on April 15, 2014. The next three will occur on October 8, 2014, April 5, 2015, and September 28, 2015. You may think the tetrad is symbolic of the present war in Israel with their surrounding countries. This war is a fight for religious freedom. The Muslims are trying to destroy the Catholic church.
In the last century there were five lunar tetrads and only two of them were on the days that the Jewish people celebrated feasts. Some centuries have more or less or some didn’t have any. Between the years A.D.1 and 2000, there were 54 tetrads, of which seven corresponded to the feasts. While that might sound extremely rare, 7 out of 54 is about 13 percent—close to average.
The seven tetrad periods corresponding to the feasts from years 1 to 2000 were A.D. 162-163, 795-796, 842-843, 860-861, 1493-1494, 1949-1950 and 1967-1968. Some have seen a tie-in there to major events in the history of the Jewish people. They note that in 1492 the Jews were expelled from Spain and Columbus discovered the New World, which would later become a heaven for them. In 1948 the Jewish state of Israel was born. In 1967 Israel won a Six-Day War. I don’t understand how the tetrad could be a sign from God because the tetrad happened after these events.
There was not any big changes that happened during the first four tetrads. Before the most significant events in Jewish history there were no tetrads. Between the years of 100 B.C. to A.D. 100 there were no tetrads, and it was in this period that Jesus Christ lived and died and was resurrected and then Jerusalem was destroyed.
As I stated before these lunar eclipses don’t always happen on Jewish feast days. Sometimes they fall a day or two off from the festivals according to the modern Hebrew calendar.
The two solar eclipses in 2015, the one on April 5, is supposed to correspond to the first day of the Hebrew calendar Nisan 1. But it actually comes the day before on Adar 29. The second eclipse, a partial one on September 28, comes not on Tishri 1, the Feast of Trumpets, but the day before, Elul 29. This is to be expected since a solar eclipse comes at the exact conjunction of the sun and moon, when the moon is invisible to us because its dark side is facing us, while the new moon or new month on the Hebrew calendar comes after the first crescent is visible.
The solar eclipse we had on April 15 of this year could not be seen from Israel and was visible in most of the Midwest of America. People not being able to see the blood moon in Israel is how we know it is not a sign for the Jewish people. Only the last blood moon will be visible in Israel in 2015.
In Joel 2:31 it mentions the sun being darkened and the moon turned to blood, but nothing about this happening four times in less than two years. The previous verse mentions “blood and fire and pillars of smoke’’ which could be referring to the moon turning red. Verse 10 shows the sun and moon as all being darkening which could not happen because of a solar eclipse.
Some, admitting this, still believe the idea that the tetrad must indicate something big. Even though the first four tetrads did not indicate anything.

This is a protestant prophecy. Catholics do you think the blood moons has any meanings to the world?

No.

Nope, not one single meaning in any world, unless one is trying to sell their book.

A moon is a moon is a moon.

As long as the green cheese doesn’t start leaking out, we’re o.k.

I am Libra. What are you? About the same relevance to truth. NO.

What is Libra?

I am not superstitious with anything.

^^^This.

my gosh… i hope it isn’t so. but then again, in the german language…
NEIN! NEIN! NEIN!

I want more answers. Please know one come up with the answer no.

How many people do you want to say “no?”

I guess your user name is more significant than we thought.

The answer is still “NO!”

Hi Catholic,
the Bible clearly speaks about blood moons and the sun being made dark
before the great and dreadful day of the Lord.
Jesus spoke about signs in the sun and the moon and the stars
Have you heard about the dancing sun at the Divine Mercy Shrine in the
Phllipines ? You can watch it on You Tube video . :slight_smile:

Sorry I got your name wrong, i meant to say Myway

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.