Blood of Jesus and normal humans

Most people seem to avoid this but I just can’t.
The Church teaches that Jesus is His Blood. The Church does not say that I, a normal human being, is my blood.
How can it be that Jesus is His Blood but it being that I am not my blood? I must have missunderstood something great here. What does the Church say about this?

I must have missed something here. Where exactly did you hear that Jesus is his blood? I know that in communion the host becomes his body and the wine his blood. These become him. Or is this where you get confused? We, as humans, are made up of body and blood. Jesus was also body and blood, or fully human, while here on earth. But we still have a soul as well, as did Jesus. Only in his case he was divine, where we are merely human. :shrug:

I think you are confused by language.

What the Church says is that in the Eucharist and Precious Blood, Jesus is really present - body, blood, soul and divinity.

In a sense, I am in every part of my body or my blood because a piece of my flesh or a drop of my blood contains my DNA, but my soul is not in my blood and I have no divinity. Can you ask your question in a different way or target closer to what is confusing?

Why don’t we start with this: In the Eucharist and Precious Blood, Jesus is really present - body, blood, soul and divinity. Any issues with this?

More completely, Jesus is present - body, blood, soul and divinity - in each drop of the Precious Blood discernible as “wine” and in each piece of the Eucharist discernable as “bread”.

“He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood lives in me and I in him.” Jn 6

Words of Jesus indicate that …he… is present in us thru his body and blood. That would mean that all of him is present… body, soul, divine person…which constitute him.

May God bless and keep you. May God’s face shine on you. May God be kind to you and give you peace.

The blood is classically believed to be the life, in that a body, having no blood, cannot be alive.

So we do not receive only His body – in the sense of a dead being, as we normally think of “someone’s body” – but His life, and indeed, His being.

ICXC NIKA

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.