Bloody Weekend: 32 Shot, 2 Stabbed, 6 Dead (Chicago)

CHICAGO (CBS) ― A violent and deadly weekend continues in Chicago. At least 12 people have been shot, two of them killed, since Saturday morning. Two others were stabbed in a home invasion. This comes after at least 20 people were shot, four of them killed, from Friday night through early Saturday.

A 28-year-old man was shot and killed at an auto body repair shop on the Southwest Side Saturday morning. Raul Lemus was shot in the stomach at 2520 W. 59th St. at about 11:20 a.m.

Lemus, of 4630 S. Talman Av., died several hours later at Stroger Hospital, making him the sixth person killed in Chicago since Friday night. Police said the shooting appeared to be gang related.

cbs2chicago.com/local/chicago.weekend.violence.2.704117.html

The excuse is that warm weather brings more people out and therefore more interaction resulting in violence. For me, it just means that people have lost all respect for the sanctity of life in all way shapes and forms. More reasons to pray! :frowning:

It seems that all people involved in gangs ought to locked up for life. If it goes against their civil rights oh well…Better that than having my rights as a private citizen with the right to own a gun taken away! I mentioned before that five policemen from a neighboring city invaded our city with a drive-by shooting as a result of a bar fight. This community needs prayers.

You can certainly see why people are tempted to jump at simplistic solutions. Ban the guns, stop the killing.

If banning killing didn’t work, why would banning guns?

It’s a fallen world and we hold the solution. Share your faith with somebody today.

I wish I lived in a safe place like Chicago, where guns are banned. I know I’d feel a lot better walking down a dark street unarmed and knowing the gang of druggies up ahead don’t have guns – because they wouldn’t break the law, would they?:rolleyes:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.