Bloomberg Strikes Again: NYC Bans Food Donations To The Homeless

newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/03/19/bloomberg-strikes-again-nyc-bans-food-donations-to-the-homeless/.

It’s the “no bagels for you” edict.

“I can’t give you something that’s a supplement to the food you already have? Sorry that’s wrong,” Richter said.

I've been away for a while----been out of state----but I came back to commiserate with fellow believers in Christ over the Obama win.

Now, on top of that......we have this. :mad:

Thanks a lot, Mr. Grinch.....er........Mr. Bloomberg.

Unbelievable.

Signs of the times. Sigh......................:(

Please comment.

Note: NOT commentary. From news site.

So wrong. New Yorkers please elect a new mayor

Yes, please. Before they forget what the taste of soft drinks taste like in their mouths. :D:p

Big government inaction.

So now people have a reason to not donate food to the homeless. The city hasn’t approved its salt and fiber and fat content. You can’t just go eating fresh donated bagels without approval of the NY Food Police. And they won’t approve!

[quote="OrdinaryMelkite, post:1, topic:304612"]

Note: NOT commentary. From news site.

[/quote]

Not news. An article from March.

If I'm not much mistaken, that issue has also already been thoroughly threshed here.

That article is from March

Someone should film themselves giving a homeless person a 32 oz. soda and send it to him.

True, but it’s November, and Bloomberg is still crazy. I’d say it’s relevant.

Maybe the New York Food Police are trying to replace First Lady Obama with Bloomberg:confused::stuck_out_tongue:

[quote="He_Man, post:9, topic:304612"]
True, but it's November, and Bloomberg is still crazy. I'd say it's relevant.

[/quote]

I didn't mean to imply it wasn't relevant, it's just that I didn't notice any reference to the date in the OP.

As a result, it could appear to some that this was a recent statement and in reference to storm victims. I'm not a fan of Bloomberg's, but I don't want people to assume he is denying food donations to storm victims.

I hear Anthony Weiner is interested, not sure how much of an improvement that would be. :shrug:

And this man is liberal. Hey, liberals, I thought you folks were all about helping the homeless? What ever happened with that?

pppffftttt.

Conservatives have always gifted more to the poor than the Liberals. Conservatives aren't the rich people eating demons you would have us think they are...

[quote="mymamamary, post:13, topic:304612"]
And this man is liberal. Hey, liberals, I thought you folks were all about helping the homeless? What ever happened with that?

pppffftttt.

Conservatives have always gifted more to the poor than the Liberals. Conservatives aren't the rich people eating demons you would have us think they are...

[/quote]

Hey the liberals gift to the poor, they just gift other peoples money, not their own.

But if it’s contraceptives, the government will ALWAYS ask for taxpayer’s money.
Let’s face it, contraceptives cannot feed anyone.

Course he would.

The welfare state hates competition ;)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.