Boaz annointing?

I was listening to Mike Murdock and he talked about a Boaz annointing.

“The annointing you respect is the annointing you recieve”

“Everytime god blesses me he blesses you.”

Is this true?

Ecclesiastes 11:6 In the morning sow your seed, and at evening withhold not your hand, for you do not know which will prosper, this or that, or whether both alike will be good.

Galatians 6:8 For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life.

If you could provide the context for these statements it would help. Frankly, I have no idea what Mike Murdock is talking about here.

Ecclesiastes 11:6 In the morning sow your seed, and at evening withhold not your hand, for you do not know which will prosper, this or that, or whether both alike will be good.

According the Haydock Catholic Bible Commentary:

Ver. 6. Better. Be kind to all during life, Galatians vi. 10. (Calmet) — Do good, both in youth and in old age, (Worthington) lest, if thou shouldst grow remiss, all would be lost. (St. Jerome)

Galatians 6:8 For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life.

Ver. 8. He that soweth in his flesh, &c. The apostle represents the flesh and the spirit like two fields, on which men sow good or bad seed, according to which they shall reap. (Witham)

The conclusion I would draw is not that every time you are blessed I am blessed, but rather that we are to be constant in doing good and if we are will reap eternal life. If we aren’t we might lose everything we gained.

Again, the context of Mr. Murdock’s comments would be helpful. :slight_smile:

Sure.

Here’s a statement from him.

“A boaz annointing is the annointing you respect is the annointing you recieve. Everytime God blesses me, he blesses you. Everytime something good happens in my life, it happens in yours.”

He also said the Boaz can mean financial, psychical or spiritual. He’s basically said if God gives me a new car, he gives you one. If he gives me a debt free house, he gives you one.

Oh yes, the “health and wealth gospel”. It’s nonsense. God has never promised earthly goods to us in proportion to those he gives to others. What God asks is that we give out of love no matter how great or small the gift and that he increases it’s merits for the good of others.

I’ve heard Kenneth Copeland teach something similar. He says that people who are financial partners with his ministry will get the same reward, in the same measure, that he gets for whatever work the ministry has accomplished. He bases that on 1 Sam. 30, where David was chasing the Amalekites who had burned Ziklag, the Philistine city where he and his men (and his wives) had been living. Some of the men in his posse were too fatigued to go into battle, so he left them with the baggage. Then after defeating the Amalekites, David insisted on giving those who had stayed behind an equal share of the spoils.

I have never heard the name of Boaz associated with this concept, or with any “anointing” concept. Frankly, it’s been a long time since I’ve seen or heard anything from Mike Murdock, but in the past he has come up with some off-the-wall stuff.

Sounds a bit like the blab-it-grab-it line. :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

closed #7

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.