Body & Blood, Soul & Divinity?

Hi!
I have a question regarding the statement “Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity.” I suppose I may have taken it for granted that this (the above) is what I receive Christ in the Holy Eucharist. Body and Blood are a given, per Jesus’ own words, to which I firmly cling. Soul and Divinity, are less clear.
I understand the soul to be part of who I am in my humanity. Since Jesus was made man, He has a soul. By virtue of the Personal Union (Chalcedon), this Human Nature is united with His Divine Nature. Thus, Jesus the Christ, the Son of the Living God, has a body and a soul. This, His Human Nature, is united with His Divine Nature.
Is this the reason that the Church finds the term “Body & Blood, Soul & Divinity” an acceptable expression? I simply cannot find Jesus saying that we receive His soul, and if so, to what effect?
Thank you.

P.S. Please note that I am Lutheran, so an explanation that rests on the doctrine of transubstantiation would be less than helpful. However, according to the Confessions of the Lutheran Church, I do confess the physical, bodily presence of Christ in the Sacrament (i.e. the very same Christ that suffered and died on the cross is the same Christ I receive on my tongue). So if my question could be answered taking that into consideration, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you kindly.

From the Catechism of the Catholic Church:

1374 The mode of Christ’s presence under the Eucharistic species is unique. It raises the Eucharist above all the sacraments as “the perfection of the spiritual life and the end to which all the sacraments tend.” In the most blessed sacrament of the Eucharist “the body and blood, together with the soul and divinity, of our Lord Jesus Christ and, therefore, the whole Christ is truly, really, and substantially contained.” “This presence is called ‘real’ - by which is not intended to exclude the other types of presence as if they could not be ‘real’ too, but because it is presence in the fullest sense: that is to say, it is a substantial presence by which Christ, God and man, makes himself wholly and entirely present.”

When we receive the Eucharist we are receiving Jesus Christ Himself. Can you be present anywhere without your soul or humanity? Of course not. If Jesus Christ is present then He is present with His soul and divinity. The only time our soul is separate from our body is at death, yet Jesus Christ is not dead, He is alive.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.