Bolivian nun kidnapped and raped the latest sister to face violence

ROME— An 81-year old nun was kidnapped and raped by four men on Tuesday night near Bolivia’s largest city, after assailants intercepted her car as she was coming back from a pastoral meeting.

cruxnow.com/global-church/2016/09/02/bolivian-nun-kidnapped-raped-latest-sister-face-violence/

So sad! Lord, have mercy!

:eek::mad::gopray2:

Praying for her health & recovery.

Praying for this nun. :signofcross:

All of this increase in violence against religious sisters lately has me worried. And then there has also been an increase in violence against priests. I am wondering why this is happening? Are they targeting clergy and religious sisters because of hatred for Catholicism or are their other motives? I would imagine that when ISIS or other Islamist militants attack, it is because of hatred but what about when it isn’t ISIS or other Islamist militants perpetrating the attack?

There has been much violence in Bolivia these past days. A group of striking miners miners killing the deputy minister.
This event with the nun is beyond explanations though…

Gracious and merciful Father, please come to her assistance.

Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.