Book: 23 Minutes in Hell? Q's

Hello. My family’s split Catholic and Protestant. My dad keeps trying to give me and my brother chick parafanalia and all sorts of books pretty often. Mostly my brother. My brother has only been in the Church a year now and gets confused alot by reading all his *****.
anyways his newest book is called “23 minutes in Hell” by Bill Weise
It’s around the net. Anyways, this guy has claims on his site, "

"Bill Wiese saw the searing flames of hell, felt total isolation, and experienced the putrid and rotting stench, deafening screams of agony, terrorizing demons, and finally, the strong hand of God lifting him out of the pit. “Tell them I am coming very, very soon!”

My question is “Can God?” being a “Just God?” take someone from hell after they have been sentenced to hell?
I don’t believe this guys story a bit, but I enjoy working on my dads theology sometimes. He is a minister and was trained at a Wesleyan University. Weve had some nice debates and has caused him to even leave a church a few months ago because he went to pastor and their “beliefs” weren’t making sense. He actually visited a Lutheran church on Easter which shocked me.

Anyways… curious on some of your thoughts.

Hey all those stars up there were the C word… c-r-a-p… lol… woops

I’ve read passages from that book. I have also read another book by a Protestant about visiting Hell. I read it long before coming back to the Catholic faith, but even now, can’t find (remember)anything un-Catholic about it… The book you mention, i would say the same… i don’t see anything un-Catholic or anti-C about it… That doesn’t mean its not there… I’m not a bishop…
Which reminds me: Have u considered asking the bishop to read it and render an opinion? If the bishop is too busy to read the whole thing, all he has to do is open up to the parts about visiting Hell… Of course, then he couldn’t denounce the whole book… but whatever…
If you do this, please, please let me (us) know…
This one saint said that when in Hell or Purgatory, a person will feel the pain of all the people they hurt in life…
That’s pretty interesting… and totally in keeping with God’s perfect justice…
Anyway… God bless…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.