Book: Brant Pitre on the Catholic beliefs about Mary

Dr. Brant Pitre has researched and written more about Mary, the mother of Jesus, than I thought anybody could. He takes us on a journey to locate all the Old Testament prophecies and the typology which explains and points to the Catholic beliefs about Mary. He has much more to say than I though anybody could, in this small book, less than 200 pages of text.

https://www.amazon.com/Jesus-Jewish-Roots-Mary-Unveiling/dp/0525572732/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1543563560&sr=8-1&keywords=Pitre+Mary

The text is easy to read, and he includes a lot of Biblical quotations that he needs, rather than just citing the text he wants to discuss.

There are surprises along the way. He carefully notes that when Jesus was resurrected, he passed through the heavy stone, no one rolled the stone away for Jesus to walk out or for his body to be stolen. It’s right there in the gospel text.

If your faith in the teaching about Mary is weak or needs a boost, this is the book for you.

Dr. Brant Pitre is a phenomenal writer and scholar. I nearly devoured this book in about two days. I’d highly recommend this book to anyone looking for information on the Church’s understanding of Mary and her role in salvation history.

If anyone is looking for a good book on Mary and the Church, I would definitely start here.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.