BOOK: "Christ is Passing By" - INCREDIBLE Spiritual Book by Josemaria Escriva

Well, we had Secret Santa gift exchange at work last Tuesday,
and this sweet Catholic lady I work with was my Secret Santa.
She gave me a book by (St.) Josemaria Escriva de Balaguer,
called CHRIST IS PASSING BY.

Now, I had heard of St. Josemaria Escriva and knew that he
was the founder of Opus Dei, but I had never read any of his writings.

Well, let me tell you all that this book is changing my life
and my entire spiritual outlook. It is deepening my faith,
and rapidly. Truly, this author is a God-filled Saint of the
first order.

Has anyone else read CHRIST IS PASSING BY…?
If so, what are your thoughts?
Love,
Jaypeeto4
+JMJ+

No, but it sounds like it might be good. REad it and report back to us, please!:slight_smile:

I already ordered it:D, sounds like a wonderful book…I can’t wait to get it!!!

This book continues to amaze me.

It is not a book with a “beginning, middle and end” like a story.
It is a collection of Fr. Josemaria Escriva’s sermons over the years. I am learning things about Christ that I never knew.
Well, let me clarify that, they are things that I “knew” and that the Church teaches, but Escriva explains them with such
amazing spiritual depth and insight. This book is simply
amazing and beautiful.

I humbly predict that, one day in the future,
Josemaria Escriva will be declared a
Doctor of the Church. I have started a personal
devotion to him (to Christ through his intercession) after
reading these sermons. And I’ve ordered more of his books,
namely, THE WAY, and THE FORGE and
THE HOLY ROSARY.

Jaypeeto4
+JMJ+

I’ll second (or third, or whatever) the book recommendation.

I also want to point out that-- not to discourage anyone from buying the books, please do!– all the published writings of St. Josemaria can be read for free on-line at www.escrivaworks.org No registration is required or anything, and it’s set up to be pretty user-friendly-- I download different things for spiritual reading from time to time in pda format for my palm pilot.

Also, there is a nice little free email subscription available at opusdei.us/sec.php?s=310 If you look down the right-hand column, there is a place where you can enter your email address and receive a short message, daily or weekly, with a few excerpts of St. Josemaria’s writings. It’s nice because they’re pretty tied in to the liturgical year, when appropriate, or else develop a theme (like cheerfulness, or interior life) over several days.

The email service is also a nice way to introduce his writings to other people who might be a bit put off by cracking open a whole book of homilies, but read pretty much anything that lands in their in-box… :slight_smile:

Margaret

Thank you, Margaret !!
God Bless,
Jaypeeto4
+JMJ+

PS I would encourage everyone to go to the website Margaret provided the link for, of St. Josemaria Escriva’s online writings.
You will be very blessed by his writings. :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.