[book/film] Sarah's Key *SPOILER*

Did the journalist (played by Kristin Scott Thomas) have an abortion in the movie? She walked out of the abortion clinic earlier in the movie, but later in the movie, it’s implied she did go through with it after all.

Neither the Catholic Bishops nor Decent Films have reviewed this movie, which is now in “wide release,” so I don’t know where else to look. I found this blog, but it’s referring to the book, not the movie:

meganfast.wordpress.com/2011/03/24/the-abortion/

She didn't go through with it. The little girl you see at the end of the movie (the one she named Sarah) is the child she was pregnant with earlier in the film (when she walked into the clinic). She wanted to keep the child, but her husband believed abortion was the better choice. Because neither of them would change their position on that, along with other things, is what led to them separating, if I remember correctly. I don't think it was ever implied that she went through with the abortion, because she never wanted one in the first place.

This is what I understand from the movie. I've never read the book.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.