Book for a friend

I have a friend of five years. Baptized as an infant but had no real instruction until RCIA four years ago. He's had a hard life and made some really bad choices. Recently, he's made some advances in his spirituality. I encourage him with prayers and different faith tracts. He enjoys reading, but nothing to heavy. I cannot even get him to read the bible yet. I'd like to get him a book that he might find inspirational. Maybe a Saint's biography. I don't think he's ready for the Diary of St. Faustina or the biography of St. Therese.

Is there anything out there that you think might touch a person like this? All suggestions are welcomed.

Thank you,

I dont know what everyone else might suggest to you but if he likes to read go to www.catholicity.com and get him the fictional books through St. Judes Media that Bud McFarlane wrote. I really liked and got into Pierced By A Sword. That was a good one. It is a Catholic Novel. They dont ask for much but maybe a small donation per book. What do you think?

Thanks for the suggestion Gigglin4God. I hadn’t considered fiction, but I think that’s a good idea and it may appeal to him. I’ll check the site out.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.