Book for Revert who is slowly coming home

hello i am seeing a man who is coming back into the Catholic Church…I wanted to give him a book to encourage his coming home…suggestions please

I need more information! What is he coming home from? If Protestant I would recommend Rome Sweet Home by Scott & Kimberly Hahn. But it really depends on where he’s coming from. Maybe a Catechism of the Catholic Church as a general one.

I always recommend the Surprised by Truth series (there are 3 of them) edited by Patrick Madrid. Each volume contains a dozen or so conversion stories. The people come from all different backgrounds (including reverts), so it has a little something for everyone. :slight_smile:

Catholicism: A Journey to the Heart of the Faith by Fr. Robert Barron

Born Fundamentalist, Born Again Catholic by David Currie

I would NOT recommend the Catechism to someone reverting or converting, not yet. It’s not an easy read, and it might set off alarm bells if he’s been out in the world doing his own thing for years.

OP, tell him to watch “The Journey Home” on EWTN. It’s on every Monday night. The host is a convert himself and interviews other converts, and their stories are always fascinating. Then if he has any questions, you can pick out a book based on his questions.

Bl. John Paul II wrote some nice books in his day.

:slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.