Book of Common Prayer for Catholics?

Has anyone used this yet that can comment on its quality? I am a great admirer of the Book of Common Prayer in the Episcopal Church but I disagree with much of their theology.

amazon.com/Anglo-Catholic-Book-Common-Prayer-2010/dp/1452853169/ref=rec_dp_0

[quote="jinc1019, post:1, topic:336110"]
Has anyone used this yet that can comment on its quality? I am a great admirer of the Book of Common Prayer in the Episcopal Church but I disagree with much of their theology.

amazon.com/Anglo-Catholic-Book-Common-Prayer-2010/dp/1452853169/ref=rec_dp_0

[/quote]

In case you don't realize this...
"Anglo-Catholic" is a non-Catholic, Anglican subgroup. This is not a Catholic book. "Anglican Use Catholics" are the ones in Communion with Rome. :) Here is a Catholic link that also has a PDF of the Book of Divine Worship: ordinariate.org.uk/liturgy-anglican-use

I often use the BCP for the LOH. Why, because it is much easier to use since it does not change. There are no changing antiphons in the BCP, and you use the same book all the time instead of four volumes. The collects and psalms are all in the same one book. The only reason I need to go outside the BCP is for the Anthems to Our Lady, which are not a part of the BCP.

Great, thank you…I misread the description on Amazon as I am sure you can imagine given how the description is written.

Does anyone know of a printed form of the Book of Divine Worship?

You can view the Book of Divine Prayer here:

orderstvincent.org/BODW.pdf

It is approved by the national conference of catholic bishops of the united states of america
and confirmed by the apostolic see. So I’m sure you can use it.

It is just like the Book of Common Prayer, but a Catholic version. It is for ex Anglicans joining the Catholic Church that are in communion with the pope.

[quote="BenedictMary1, post:5, topic:336110"]
You can view the Book of Divine Prayer here:

orderstvincent.org/BODW.pdf

It is approved by the national conference of catholic bishops of the united states of america
and confirmed by the apostolic see. So I'm sure you can use it.

It is just like the Book of Common Prayer, but a Catholic version. It is for ex Anglicans joining the Catholic Church that are in communion with the pope.

[/quote]

Thanks for this yes, do you know of a printed version though? A PDF is ok but I would really prefer for it to be in book form

[quote="jinc1019, post:6, topic:336110"]
Thanks for this yes, do you know of a printed version though? A PDF is ok but I would really prefer for it to be in book form

[/quote]

It is not currently in print as it is currently being revised due to the establishment of the Anglican Ordinariate. There will hopefully be printed versions again either later this year or next year.

[quote="codefro, post:7, topic:336110"]
It is not currently in print as it is currently being revised due to the establishment of the Anglican Ordinariate. There will hopefully be printed versions again either later this year or next year.

[/quote]

Great, thanks for letting me know

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.